JW EMAIL... GARAGE SALES ARE BAD!!!! THE DEVIL'S TOOL.

by whereami 15 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
    whereami

At our circuit assembly early this month a brother was relating about what he and his family have done to deal with the economy. He went on to say how they’ve cut back and simplified their lives and said they shop at thrift stores. This past Saturday while out in service I was talking with an elder and I brought up what the brother said at the CA and I told him that Mom never buys at consignment shops, thrift stores, garage sales, etc. she never buys anything used so as to avoid bringing evil into her home. He told he totally understands because when he was a child (he was raised in the truth), his aunt was always giving them things and he was always being attacked by demons. He said his aunt would give them good, expensive stuff but then the kids (he & his siblings) would suffer attacks from demons. All of a sudden I had a revelation (is it correct to say that).

“When Dad was in the hospital, Barbara* took off her chain with Dad’s charm of The Lovers, and said to me, “You father told me that if anything ever happened to him, I should give you his charm. But I keep the chain.” So, I took it and put it on my chain. Mom told me not to keep it but, it was my father’s and it meant a lot to me. And so, I continued to wear it. I started missing meetings and eventually stopped going altogether, became inactive. But, I continued to wear my charm, for 15 years. Then I started watching “Clean House” and learned you don’t need an object to remember a loved one. I have so many memories of Dad. So, I gave Nacho the charm and told him to take it to his friend the jeweler and let him sell it. Guess what, he melted it and I haven’t missed a meeting since.”

Never before had that crossed my mind. Mom was so right when she told me I shouldn’t keep it. Of course I called Mom and told her.

• bohm
    bohm

very good propeganda. he missed meetings, not because he wanted to, but because he was under influence of daemons. so if someone miss meetings, even though he will deny it, it is really satan pulling the strings...

• OUTLAW
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Guess what, he melted it and I haven’t missed a meeting since.”

My PO said we had to get out of babylon the great. I listened to his fine counsel, and I haven't been to a meeting since.

W

• asilentone
    asilentone

sounds like BS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

sounds like BS.

It True..

Demons make bad gas..

You no Fart...

It Hurt..

Garage Sales Bad!!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Thats so crazy and they believe it to.......

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've known this for quite some time, actually. Don't even get me started on flea markets.

• dissed
    dissed

Yard sales are evil and will be destroyed at Armageddon along with all those who have them.

Then it will be ok to take their belongings and possess their homes, because of the cleansing effect of God's great war.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I remember hearing this nonsense about yard sales while I was a JW. It never stopped me from going to garage sales in fact we often traded publications for items on people's yard sales if they wanted them. One elder who loved yard sales told me that was the most idiotic idea any JW came up with being afraid of garage sales or yard sales. I agreed with him but still would hear some of the paraniod ranting of sisters especially about how they bought something and brought demons in their homes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit