isn`t islam part of babylon the great?

by Adrianoblue 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

funny enough, i never read about verbal attacs against this agressive, fascistic religion in the wt!

how come? just because the roman catholics are their favorite enemies?

• Mary
    Mary

I'm guessing it's because they don't want Crooklyn or Patterson blown off the face of the earth.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It is a part of it. But as you say, the main attacks are directed against Christendom and especially its clergy because they pretend to be followers of Christ.

I don't know which has killed and suppressed the most thru the centuries (Hinduism ain't just good guys, either), but today Islam are the (un)worthy receipients of that medal ..........

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that BTG is all "false" religion not just Christian ones.

• wobble
    wobble

There are billions who follow Islam, there are very few extremists.

It is not, as a religion, aggressive or Fascistic,those kind of comments are just blind prejudice.

Yes some individual leaders may be of that bent,and some of their followers, but there were plenty of Elders like that in the WT.

Christians have slaughtered their thousands,in the Crusades (40,000 Muslims in one day in Jerusalem ,crying "God wills it "), and in the wars in between, and in the World wars of the 20th. Century.

Christendom has done its share of suppression as well, I don't need to list it all.

What is Babylon the Great ? does anyone have a proper exegesis of the scripture or do we just take the WT explanation, when they have got everything else wrong ?

I agree that the WT does tread very warily in modern times with any reference to Islam, but I do not blame them. There is an old quote that was not so circumspect ,I remember, from about the early fifties, they were not so afraid then.

Love

Wobble

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would agree with Wobble's reasonable view of Islam..

Why is it not vilified in the 'tower? Because it has not done anything to campaign against the WTS..The Catholic Church in the decades of the first half of the twentieth century was an opponent of J F Rutherford, in particular and incited his ire.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

They're no threat to the WT.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I remember Ray Franz basically said the Watchtower markets itself to people who already have Christian beliefs. In places where non-christian reilgions are dominant the JWs do not have as much success. The Watchtower puts more emphasis on discounting western christianity as evil and vile, because its message is geared towards people who already have experience with these institutions.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Gods have divided the earth into franchises distributed to the various Gods.

The Watchtower society is battling for its piece of turf under the Jehovah Franchise.

There is the Allah franchise.

The Buddah Franchise.

The Hindu Franchise.

And also the Science, Atheist franchise.

Check out the 12th planet by Sitchin.

Or Slave Species of God, by Michael Tellinger, they explain it in detail.

The Gods are astronauts from Nibiru. Very much like us. But not well adapted to live on earth.

So they made us to do their work and be their slaves.

They are written about in the Summerian text, the epic of Gilgamesh, the most aincent recorded writings of man or astronauts.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

surely it must be an enemy of the WT and Christianity due to the fact that many are converting from Christianity to Islam, may even a few ex Dubs, also it must be growing at a far higher rate then any other group

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit