Forum is GREAT, but...are there any ex JW chatrooms if we need a steady dialog?

by 20+wastedYRS 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• 20+wastedYRS
    20+wastedYRS

I am happy to have found this forum and will be reading and posting frequently. But... I have wished at times that I could have a good steady dialog on certain, more puzzleing issues and a Chatroom would be perfect for those instances.

Anyone know of one?

Also, one other quick question... While VERY active in "truth", I researched the whole beard issue and came up totally empty on my search.

BTW: I have a beard now!!! WAHOOO!!

THANKS, 20+

• asilentone
    asilentone

We used to have chatroom here, maybe one day, we will have it again.

• wobble
    wobble

A chatroom ? I would be on here 25 hours a day then !

With the beard thing, there really is very little in print, just the odd mind control type thing, i.e there was one of their FS experiences, probably fictitious, about a lady slamming the door on a bro. with a beard ,saying something to him about revolutionaries,or something,

"so we would not want to stop someone listening to our life-saving message because our personal choice in dress or grooming got in the way"

the article concluded. (this is from memory, and was early 1970's I think)

When I first thought of growing a beard ,my Wife was concerned that I would not become an appointed man,so she wrote to Broolklyn, this too was around 71-72. The reply was quite pleasant and said they could not make rules on D&G , it was down to local circumstances and the local B.O.E.

I was made a M.S about 73. I grew a beard in 75 with no negative, only positive comment from all the Bros and Sis. inc. Elders .

In 1988 I was to be used on the C.A in an item on field serv. which highlighted an experience I had whilst street witnessing. The Bro. handling the item said he could not use me with a beard, this for an experience I had whilst wearing a beard !

I asked him to show me something in print, he showed me the directions from the GB (which are never made public, or shown to Rank and File Dubs),for handling Assembly items ,which stated no beards. (Wot, not even on sisters ???)

As the beard thing was no great shakes to me, I shaved it off and haven't worn one since, out of choice.

My story just illustrates how very silly and controlling the Pharisees of Brooklyn are, I am glad to be free of the whole thing.

Keep on sprouting !

Love

Wobble

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

I have seen elders who had a beard, the only ones complaining where those that shaved of theirs in the 70´s because of "peer pressure". They never got on the platform at the C.A. because of their beard, because of the letter from the G.B.. In some Countries even a mustache was not done for a witness.

I have seen people that never got baptised because of the beard issue and the fact that the brothers where unable to show in the bible why it was not good to have a beard, when even Jesus is pictured with a beard.

The connection with some political and\or religious parties and with certain groups like hippies where some of the reasons given, for the no beard rule.

• chrisjoel
  • flipper
    flipper

20 + Wasted Years - Good idea friend. Although I don't frequent chat rooms, I'll be glad to PM you my phone number if you'd like to talk sometime. Check your PM,s . I'll PM it to you. Peace out, happy Thanksgiving ! Mr. Flipper

• koolaid-man
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omg, I used to hang out in a exjw room 24/7 on yahoochat years ago....I miss those days.

• MisfitMeL
    MisfitMeL

Hello 20+ !! Welcome to the forum and congrats on finding your path out of the org.

I'm sure there are several chat rooms such as the ones posted above, however, just like a forum, the activity level depends on the location of the majority of the residents. I'm not sure where you live, but say if you lived in China and you signed up to a US based chat, you might find no one online to chat to when you are available :(

Atleast with a forum, your thread sticks around so it's guaranteed that someone or the other would usually come along and answer it.

You could also get to know various members around here and on other sites and find those who are close to your locality/time zone and then exchange phone numbers or meet them in person or also chat to them online via applications like Yahoo Messenger or MSN.

Hope you find the answers to all the questions that are on your mind, as well as comfort and support when you feel you need it. Look forward to reading more of your posts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit