Stumbling Your Fellow Brothers

by dig692 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

it would stumble bro. dufus if we served wine since he was a former drunk...

Does he avoid the Memorial too, where wine is passed around?

Seriously, this is a classic tool of the manipulater , to get others to do what HE wants. The scripture says this :

1 Cor 8 13

"Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat flesh at all, that I may not make my brother stumble."

Paul said that he would not do it, it was a voluntary abstainance, not a requirement to beat the others over the head with

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

chickpea, if matters are confidential, then how are we supposed to know what "stumbling blocks" these have?

these self righteous people put it upon themselves to police everyone. nowadays I rarely invite people over my house.

i sure don't want to stumble others with my worldly possessions, or dvd's, or cable, or a big screen tv? or even opening up that bottle of satan juice?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

it's all about control, control and control of every aspect of your life, you are free to choose but watch out if you cause another to stumble, what another load of crap from the wts, yeah i heard it all my life in the jws made one scared of doing anything, even if it was a matter of conscience.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

It seems to me the Bible is about control. Organised religion is about control. Why would the witnesses be any different? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit