Ladies, How important is it for you to have a VERY clean home?

by asilentone 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

I have critters. As long as my place doesn't look quite like the great photo MrsJones posted (funny post, Mrs. Jones!), I'm happy...

Besides, an hour spent cleaning means I have nothing to show for it within a day. An hour spent sewing means I have a new coat, shirt, skirt, dress, quilt, Medieval garb, lingerie, snuggly warm bathrobe - with matching slippers... Or maybe even CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS !!

Clean house?? Why? The critters will just mess it up eventually, anyway...

Zid

jk

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

snowbird:

I would ask that same question of men.

hey...my house is clean...I am the cleaning obsessed in our relationship. my house is lived in.... dustbunnies I can handle....tumbleweeds I cannot. I clean my kitchen sink obsessively. My fiancee always had dishes in the sink at her place. I would clean them up. Its not that I like to do dishes as she supposes.,....its that I like a clean sink. My compromise is that I might occasionally leave a couple of cups or glasses in the sink until the morning. Then they get cleaned. Drives my fiancee nuts. I will make her coffee for her, especially early in the morning...but then I take her spoon away and wash it and put it in the dish rack.... what? She doesn't need it, I already made and stirred the coffee...lol. The bathroom sink and toilet are cleaned every day. Sometimes the wall, cause I have an 8YO with bad aim. Whenever I see him go in, I say: "stand close, aim low." He is getting better. I even get the 8YO and fiancee to clean the sink (cause there is a cleaning sponge that sits on the sink and a spray bottle of cleaner under it...) Vacuuming gets done once a week...but the living room, which is the first and busiest room in the house, gets done two or three times...whenever it drives me crazy. Our bed is made daily..."made" is a variable definition...sometimes completely...sometimes covers thrown over if in a hurry. Beds are stripped on Saturday.... she does most of the laundry but I do it if I see a load... and often pull the stuff out of the dryer and fold it and put it up.....she does most of the grocery shopping and we share cooking. Yes, I may be a rare bird...a man that can cook and clean.... I lived by myself for 20 plus years... might be a good idea to learn along the way. I can't stand living like a slob and don't. Snakes (Rich )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I open up my jug of Ajax ammonia and let the White Tornado do most of the work.

People are more important than things. Lived in is fine with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vur_Mg1yffg&feature=PlayList&p=3A943CFBF44DE022&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=20

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I love a clean house. I just wish I had more time to clean. I hardly ever leave dishes over night and I keep my bathroom clean but the rest of the house suffers. I should hire a cleaning lady.

MY whole house is nice and clean now because of the holidays.

• xeracia
    xeracia

I have 2 kids, a husband, 2 cats and a dog. My house is always messy to me. But I am constantly cleaning. I'm a stay at home mom so that is part of my job discription. I think it is important to have a clean and comfy home for my family and friends to enjoy. It irritates me to have someone drop by and my house be messy. I think it looks bad on me since that is part of my job.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I like my house clean and tidy. but I like to feel its home too. - I'm not like my mum, I can leave the dishwasher till the morning, - but I like the living room tidy, i dont like cups hanging around and I can't stand anything on my fireplace, - and i dont like piles of things - for example, i cant have a pile of papers anywhere other than my tray for them lol. I dont like washing (laundry) hanging around, more than cleaning Im a tidy freak - everything has to belong somewhere...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit