can some elders or ex-elders or anyone help me!!

by etna 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    My experience, when faced with a Lose-Lose situation is to simply PRAY for God's Guidance ... If you are sincere in Faith ... He will WITHOUT FAIL help you.
    If not, the situation will just worsen, as it always does with the faithless...

Well, there you have it...if you lose, it was all your fault...you didn't have enough faith.

I guess you're Mad as in mentally off...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not know where you are , but the attitudes of Bodies of Elders seems to vary in regard to the zeal to d/f someone.

I would not meet formally with them. I would allow my wife to fend them off and say that I was not ready to meet right now, although I had no objection to her course of working to reinstatement. Just be non committal. If you are not claiming to be a Witness, have no contact with the congregation and are not known in the area - they are not obliged to take action against you.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

This will end in tears...

If you are on their radar, they are going to want your undying slavery or the OK to DF you.

Just my observations of similar situations here on the board. The only thing that has seemed to work is a letter form a lawyer saying don't bother me, and I will sue you if you jeopardize my family relationships by saying I'm no longer one of JWs.

• etna
    etna

thanks again everyone

cantleave- I'm not openly apostate and the only reason I don't want to be df's is because I still want a relationship with my kids. But I'm not scared of them.

My wife did contact them and said that I don't want to return and they seem to be happy with that for now.

Thanks again to everyone.

Etna

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good luck, Etna, and hopefully much success in avoiding the wrath of the WTBTS... Personally, I like VoidEater's advice: "The only thing that has seemed to work is a letter form a lawyer saying don't bother me, and I will sue you if you jeopardize my family relationships by saying I'm no longer one of JWs..."

Have a letter like that ready, just in case... Keep it where you can reach it easily, but not where anyone else can find it and read it. (Maybe a file box with a lock??)

Oh, and feel free to come in and share anytime. We're here to support you wholeheartedly.

Best of results to you! Zid

jk

• be wise
    be wise

Etna

I'd tell the husband and wife

the hermit

(a light of GOD)

garden of sensitivity

(journey home)

death

(a conclution)