Can you and I make a difference?

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead

How do you feel about this "truth"?

Thanks,

CoCo

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I think that it can be very true. I think part of the catch is that Ms Mead doesn't say: And you will see those changes in your lifetime.
    You may have to work for something that you believe in, knowing that you will never see the result. You seek to make the change if only because you believe so strongly in the change for everyone, not just yourself.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Coco, there are times where I would like to dedicate my life to helping former JW's. It has crossed my mind. For me, its a matter of having the energy to do it.

I am a firm believer though in making a difference. I have yet to find that next passion in my life, and I am trying to stay open to whatever that might be. Perhaps I will figure that out in college.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, BlackSwan and Jeffers, for your excellent thoughts.

Margaret Mead was in the background of my early life, even then an influence ...

Gratefully,

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead

Amen!

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You can never force change, people have to be willing, to be open to change.

• dgp
    dgp

You can make a difference if you warn people outside about what it really involves to get in.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

You and I are always making a difference Co 2 . We likely never realize the difference we make - but it is when we are most truly ourselves that we make the most impact.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

CoCo,

I believe it with all my heart.

The Oracle

• flipper
    flipper

CoCo- Good thoughts. I do believe that many people can make a difference in this world , and those of us that are former JW's are in a special position having exited the mind control of the witness cult to assist people who have left recently as well as use techniques to assist witnesses still trapped on the inside. We can all try to make the world a better place. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit