So If Someone's been Pagan they can't be RE-instated???

by ziddina 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• ziddina
    ziddina

I noticed this comment by Awen on CyberJesus' thread about needing help because the elders were going to call and he wanted to perform an intervention...

Awen wrote: "I was informed by one of the Elders (not the PO, but someone with "pull") that because I had been involved in Paganism after I was Disfellowshipped, that I would have to wait longer for reinstatement than for the immorality I was originally DFed for 10 years before that. I pleaded my case that I was no longer practicing that and had been out of it for a year prior to seeking reinstatement and that it shouldn't matter. I came to learn from this Elder that because of my pagan practices, in his opinion I would NEVER be reinstated...."

So, does this mean that we Pagans - CANNOT be reinstated if we decide to go back to the WTBTS' BS...??? (Not that I would...)

Zid

jk

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I've been a pagan for many years....have been told by my mom, and a couple elders,

that I "know what to do to get reinstated"......never was told I couldn't.

Doesn't matter, cause I never will!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Some feel to be pagan is to have satan deep within us, demonized. My mom tells everyone that I'm demonized because I'm pagan. As long as they have that superstition it could take a long time.

Ada

• parakeet
    parakeet

If pagans can't be reinstated, then Buddhists, Native Americans who practice their tribal religion must also be non-reinstate-able. It's all "paganism."

• xeracia
    xeracia

Guess I can never be reinstated. Not that I ever wanted to be.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Why would a true pagan want to be reinstated?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

But why do you want to go back?

i truly would like to know, i could not even contemplate doing so.

cheers

• mysterious437
    mysterious437

I imagine it would vary by area and by practice. Someone who is pagan but just celebrated nature might be a different case than someone practicing magic, casting spells, identifying as a witchcraft practioner, using divination etc.

Would love to see some official publication/stance confirming.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I would like to see something official, too. I would use it to keep my nutso JW parents from continuously trying to contact me - they are such hypocrites!! Mumsy Dearest keeps sending me chirpy greeting cards - how "happy-happy-joy-joy" they all are, and I'd LOVE to be able to slap them with some WTBTS edict to get them TOTALLY out of my life!

Yuk. Whoever asked me - why would I want to go back? Didn't read my words accurately. I would NEVER go back! Besides, Christians are just Pagans who LIE to themselves about the origins of their religion!

Zid

jk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit