about the BBC panorama expose

by highdose 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• highdose
    highdose

did anyone here actauy know the people cited as examples in that program? Also i was wondering how much good/ bad it did? Did it open anyones eyes?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I do. Cannot post now, will be back later . .

• alanv
    alanv

I did not know anybody on the programme but what I will say is that Panorama is very respected in the UK for being very accurate. Let's face it, if it was a lot of lies the WT would be after them like a ton of bricks. I believe there have been some improvements in the societies dealings with child abuse , but by no means as good as it could be.

• glenster
  • Chalam
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I believe there have been some improvements in the societies dealings with child abuse , but by no means as good as it could be.

What are the improvements? JWN poster, Life is Too Short has been threatened with df'ing just in the last six months for warning parents in her congregation about three different child molesters, (all of whom were convicted). Just last year a cousin of mne was threatened with df'ing when she told people that my stepfather molested me as a child.

There are claims that known child molesters aren't allowed to go door to door without being accompanied by an elder and that they cannot be appointed to positions, but there are several news stories on the silent lambs website that proves the claims simply aren't true. And exactly what is a "known" child molester to these dirty bastards?

Here is the misleading information from the Watchtower quoted on Wikipedia:

In a press release dated November 21, 2007, Jehovah's Witnesses' Office of Public Information stated: "In the United States, over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12,300 congregations ... During the last 100 years, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States; In seven of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts."

First of all, the elder arrangement has only been in place some 35 years, not 100 years. Second, being that victims and their families are coerced and threatened for going public, is it any surprise that so few elders have been prosecuted or sued? Third, the Society has seldom been held liable, because it does everything it can to leave elders twisting in the wind. Last, the victims in the 2007 settlement had gag orders put on them, continuing the secret evil of the governing body.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for posting this. I just grabbed all 13 videos [13th one is simply closing of "Panorama"] and added them to my playlists. Zid

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    In a press release dated November 21, 2007, Jehovah's Witnesses' Office of Public Information stated: "In the United States, over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12,300 congregations ... During the last 100 years, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States; In seven of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts."

Please also note that the Society here is only refferring to ELDERS, they are not including CO's DO's MS's and just the plain old JW rank and file molester.

It's like saying "We have only had 11 red haired members in our congregations that have ever been sued for molesting."

Yeah, so what! Redheads only make up a small fraction of the congregations! What about all the non-red-headed molesters?

• still wondering
    still wondering

Yes, it opened my eyes. It was my turning point after 55 years in the lie. It's a bit late I know but it turned my life around and that of all my family.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU PANORAMA.

It triggered our lust and subsequent dash for freedom and we haven't looked back.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Please also note that the Society here is only refferring to ELDERS, they are not including CO's DO's MS's and just the plain old JW rank and file molester.
    It's like saying "We have only had 11 red haired members in our congregations that have ever been sued for molesting."
    Yeah, so what! Redheads only make up a small fraction of the congregations! What about all the non-red-headed molesters?

Good point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit