would you ever forget your life as a JW?

by highdose 24 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

and would you want to? its starting to seem like a distent memory for me, even though its only been a year

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I can't. Not now. I wish I could sometimes....

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember times I wish I could take a pill....and about the same time, 60 minutes did a show on "A Pill To Forget?" I think it was aimed at rape victims, but it was possible to be used by others that had experienced horrible experiences they were having trouble getting past, causing them to miss out on life.

But now...I can look at my past and find humor in most of it. Like when my grandkids on their way out to go Trick or Treating, I told them to go out and do some "door to door work" they all just looked at me, didn't have a clue what I was talking about, my daughter, rolls her eyes,

lisa

• fokyc
    fokyc

How can I?

My wife is a REAL JW If she can't go to the KH we have it on the phone

I can't help listening to some of it

At least the elders don't visit now

fokyc

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My oldest brother has been out for decades. And he totally forgets pretty much everything he learned as a Witness. It may be all the weed working, too.

• asilentone
    asilentone

There is no way you can forget that you were a witness. it is part of your past. Deal with it.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I hope I can, but I still have family in there, so no not yet.

• asilentone
    asilentone

one more thing, there is a poster named Kenneson. He posts here from time to time. He was disfellowshipped in 1966. I do not think he forgets his life being a witness in the past.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

It's impossible to forget there has been too much hurt, pain and endless arguments,rows and shouting matches, and after hitting the lowest point ever in my life in 1994, which resulted in separation,divorce,job loss and a house move all in a space of a few months during that time, and later the fraudulent way I was D/A'ed and the shunning that followed, luckily I came out the other side and beat them. Those memories will stay with me to my last days.

• chickpea
    chickpea

it is muted....

i find i can no longer remember
    the names of most of the people
    who were in the hall i attended....

one guy said hello to me and
    it took me hours to recall his name
    (which happened to be mike, same
    as my husband!!)

their doctrines? just laughable
    and ridiculous cult-speak... once
    you know what you know about
    the b0rg and its true nature...
    no need to give any of it a 2nd glance

i suspect when we are able to relocate
    to an area where no one knows our
    status as former JWs.... there will be
    less and less to hang on to in terms
    of dubdom....

cannot forget it, but certainly can relegate it
    to the darkness of the back hall closet where
    i am sure scraps of the litter-ature lurk....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit