The 'other sheep' - Isn't it so obvious that Jesus is talking about gentiles?

by jambon1 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

Am I being silly or do some other religions have a different understanding of who the 'other sheep' are?

When I was a JW, I could see so clearly that this group is the gentiles. That is, of course, reading the text 'in context', rather than simply placing it in a flakey JW leaflet.

Why can Jehovahs Witnesses not see that they are so wrong on this point?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Why can't JW's see this obvious truth?

Because they have WT blinders on their eyes and these work as filters so they can only "see" what the WT tells them to.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn Infidels, Gentiles and Kafirs!!!!

• ninja
    ninja

yep when your eyes are open it is easy to see it

• Awen
    Awen

In the preceeding text Jesus makes reference to the intimate relationship between himself, his sheep and his father. -John 10:15

He then speaks of "other sheep" which are not of this fold, showing they are not in this intimate relationship. Since his message was first brought to the "Lost Sheep of Israel",one could rightly assume he meant the Gentiles were the recipients of the message after his Messiahship was rejected by the majority of Jews.

Since I have been out of the Org for a decade, perhaps you could explain the JW viewpoint on this matter and exactly what you are trying to say?

• sir82
    sir82
    Why can Jehovahs Witnesses not see that they are so wrong on this point?

One could ask that of several dozen doctrinal points, methinks....

• Perry
    Perry

Yes, it is waaaay obvious.

It is interesting that Mormons quote this scripture when propping up their American Indian/ Lost Israel tribes illusion.

I mention to Mormons the JW spin when talking to them and vise versa when talking to JW's. They always seem puzzled by the thought of someone else stealing their thunder.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

And before the end comes, both Israel and the house of Judah become one house again (Ezekiel). Jesus came for the lost sheep and sons of Israel. In the end when the good news will be preached the last two witnesses will do this, they will go and gather the lost sheep and sons of Israel before Jehovahs fear inspiring day begins. These are the other sheep. Of course, this is completely contradictory to what the wbts teaches, but the work of the elijah to come, is very like that of christs. Its for 3.5 years only, and like christ they are cut off in the middle of the last and 70th week.

The gathering of the lost sheep is still future, but near. Also those that had been scattered by the wicked slave, they will also be gathered back to their pasturing ground.

JWs as you know, claim to be this group, but when you consider what they do, do you really think when it comes to the crunch, and on christs arrival, when they call out, "Lord, lord...", do you think christ is going to hear them?

I think they are in for a very rude awakening, and when this system ends, the collapse of Britain and America as the present ruling elite, and the last and 8th king rises and Satan goes forward in his madness and rage, the JWs are in for a real shock just how wrong they really were about 1914 and all it entails, and also as regards some of their very fanciful and wishful thinking ideas on the scriptures too. They say they are the only ones getting saved-wow, what a statement to make, considering all they do in Gods very name.

I hold fast to notion that the mountain house of jehovah hasnt been established yet, its future, but near, and becomes established when the last two prophets come and do the work of Elijah of setting all things straight. This is to be done in the latter part of the days, and we are not there yet, but could be very near it.

Soon, the Elijah that is to come will go and gather these other sheep and bring all kinds of men back to God, great, small, freeman, slave, nobles and kings, just as the scriptures point out.

Great post, its a post like this that really makes being a member of the board worth it.

Now the wt articles will be available in pdf, so again it will be good to examine these, and rip their theology to pieces on this very public forum.

Great post Jambon1

• choosing life
    choosing life

Wasn't this idea of two classes dreamed up by Rutherford when it was getting obvious that there were too many jws to be just 144,000? They had to morph to keep their numbers growing and make sense too. It was "noo lite" and they all marveled at it.

Yes, it is very obvious that it Jesus was referring to the Gentiles. I even thought that while I was a jw, but quickly and obediently stuffed it away from conscious thought, most of the time.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This was something that also became SO obvious to me, too, but only after having my WT blinders removed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit