I never believed in demons

by drew sagan 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

"demons would never appear to you because they know it would convince you to believe in god!"

The response I got was "Well of course they wouldn't bother you. You're already spiritually dead, so why would they bother when they've already got what they want?"

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Why would belief in demons make you believe more in the God of Brooklyn than in the God of Vatican? In more liberal sects of christianity the role of demons appears not to be so prominent... or control by fear overall.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I'm not a Witness, but I've had two experiences with the supernatural in my life and both scared the living crud out of me. I did nothing to bring them about, nor was I dabbling in anything. No Smurfs were involved and I had friends with me at the time, so it wasn't my imagination. There are spirits abroad in the land, and not all are good. You learn to pick up on them, though. You can feel cold drafts, the hair on the back of your neck goes up and there's a genuine feeling of dread...a palpable sense of evil or malevolence. I know people who thrill after this type of thing and chase after it. I tend to leave it alone. Having said that, the power of suggestion in various religions and groups can combine and effect people. There are also stories and myths that go around...like hitchhiker stories, ghost runners and the sort. In certain circles I hear the same stories in many variations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit