Who has greater love for us, Jesus or Jehovah?

by peacedog 15 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

The Oct 2009 kool-aid edition makes this statement:

But Jesus gave his life as an expression of love. "No one has love greater than this," said Jesus, "that someone should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends." —John 15:13. (p.14)

And yet the WT$ is constantly harping on how "loving" it was for their "Jehovah" to send his innocent son to die.

It got me wondering, who loves us more? Jesus? Or "Jehovah"?

And how would the dubs answer? (I presume with a resounding "Jehovah!")

But wasn't it MORE loving for the innocent Jesus to WILLINGLY DIE FOR US while "Jehovah" sat back and watched?

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Well, I would have to say Jesus because the Jehovah God of the Watchtower does not exist. Peace, Lilly

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anyone that thinks Jehovah is really ought to think back on the original incident where Satan tried to rescue mankind from the stagnation trap and tyranny that Jehovah was going to impose on mankind. Jehovah created a problem that did not need to exist--and then prevented us from ever developing a really free society. Jesus, on the other hand, died trying to do the exact same work that Satan started--to set man free of Jehovah's tyranny.

I believe Jesus--and Satan--have (or had) more love for mankind than that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah--who hates us.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Does it have to be one of these two? How about superman instead?

And did Jesus really "surrender his soul" if he came back a couple days later? Sounds like he's an "indian giver".

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Sounds like he's an "indian giver"

Is that better or worse than a "re-gifter"? And how would that work, exactly...?

• peacedog
    peacedog

Alright, it's true that I could have included Superman and Satan in the list. In fact I initially had Santa Claus on the list but removed him because I figured he'd win hands down.

Seriously though, from a dub perspective, who has the greater love for us? Given John 15:13, it seems that no one has greater love for us than Jesus. But would the dubs acknowledge this? Wouldn't admitting this be some kind of slight against "Jehovah"? Wouldn't such an admission threaten "Jehovah's" position as the "God of love"?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Can you have one without the other?

• moshe
    moshe

I'm thinking, I'm thinking ......

• peacedog
    peacedog

Hi PSac: I think from the dub perspective you can.

Approaching this from a Christian perspective, there's not much of a question. Jesus is God, so of course he has the greatest love for us. He is the "God of Love" and he fulfilled John 15:13 himself. Makes quite a bit more sense.

But from the dub perspective... you have two distinct spirit-persons, one named Jesus and one named "Jehovah". One is God and one is not. The one who is NOT God applied John 15:13 to himself. This appears to me to create a bit of a conundrum for JWs. Will they admit that Jesus has greater love for us than their God "Jehovah"? Or will they disregard John 15:13 in favor of their doctrinal preference?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

peacdog,

From a JW perspective the question is easy, Jehovah.

Why? because Jehovah is God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit