Elders in my cong are unbeleivable!!!

by nearlyfree 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nearlyfree
    nearlyfree

I havent been to a meeting for over 3 months now, i wanted to do a slow fade, going to a meeting everynow and then just to keep the elders of my back but couldnt face going to another meeting..... Anyway my daughter still is attending the meetings, and in that time that i have not been there no one has asked her how i am, until last night at the meeting an elder comes up to her and asks her why i havent been to the meetings, and if he and a new elder in the cong can come over tonight and talk to me!!!!! I couldnt believe it when she told me!!!!!!How sneaky are they to try and organize through my daughter to come and see me, you would think that they would ring me and talk directly to me, I was so mad, that i felt like ringing up the elder and telling him exactly what i thought of him, but decided it was not a good idea incase i started going on about "apostate stuff" i tend to get bit carried away when i am angry........

Now I am waiting to see if he calls me........ and thanks to all the advice ive read on this board, i will know exactly what to say to them to stop them coming aroud - but will still have a go at them for the underhanded way they acted!! Im looking forward to that bit (hehehe) :)

nearlyfree

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

it is sneaky. - why not just ring you up.

• blondie
    blondie

I would train your daughter to say, "Here's my mom's phone number. Please call her and set up an appointment. Don't make me a go-between."

The elders would do this to my husband. He did just that, told them to call me. They stopped asking him. But they did not call me.

• nearlyfree
    nearlyfree

blondie - thanks for that, good idea. Somehow i dont think they will call if they had to go thru my daughter.

• bohm
    bohm

nearlyfree: Sneaky bastards :-). I am also involved in a fade and fear the elder calls, so keep us posted on what you say IF they deside to call you!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I would tell them sorry but you have an appointment tonight and that you will call them when you would like to make a time to see them.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

My step dad is terminally ill and my sister got the phone call the other day. she told him the following.

I'm not coming back, I don't believe it, and Im not prepared to meet with you.

I have one concern right now, and thats making sure I support my mum, and making sure nothing inteferes with that.

(In other words, dont even think about DFing me, because Im having none of it)

She told THEM lol..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the daughter would have given an out of state number, the hounder would waste tolls trying to reach you. A number to an area code that is all the way across the country will run up the biggest toll--or, better yet, to a Canadian or European country (and better if you can find a country that is banned, to waste even more time as well as tolls). You don't get the call, and the hounder wastes money on long distance tolls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit