Suddenly - JWs are coming at me out of NOWHERE!

by babygirl30 14 Replies latest jw friends

• feeling good
    feeling good

Baby Girl,

There are some good people who really do care, but feel that they can't associate with you.

If you DF'd then they would never cross that line. They are being disloyal to Jehovah (you know the organization).

People don't call me but once in the while they will email me I am not DF'd but they will say how are you, I always respond I am great thankyou for asking. The org has so much control over people unfortunately (I was one of them). and they can't see out of their bubble.

Looking in from the outside I feel bad for them.

Keep your head up!

M

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

SixofNine

It's not about exploitation sweetie ... this is BID-NESS!!!!! -hahahahahaha. You got the money or what??

feeling good

You're so right! My gf (who is still 'in') comes to visit me or we will meet up on the LOW...and she begged me the other day to come back cause she was sick of visiting me in SECRET! I just laughed, cause it's sad. I mean we are grown ass women, we've been friends for years, but she is NOT permitted to speak to me in public or be seen with me because of a RELIGION. Doesn't make sense at all. She is a good person at heart and I love her to death, but it's just really sad...like you said.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't be fooled into thinking that he is one of the GOOD JWs. How many times have we heard the likes of, "....knows that whatever decisions I make, I will be ok....", then, after they have bagged their babe, they start with the psychological warfare to drag them into the cult. The worst case is when children arrive and then the non-believer's decisions are perceived as death threats to the kids.

I don't think I have any JW relatives that are not experts at polishing turds. They often use examples in their family or congregation to make them look less cultish or intollerant than they really are. Every time a JW does this, there will be something about the example they gave that they conveniently forgot to mention. Ask a question that threatens to expose their subterfuge and they can get pretty snarky. Honesty gets a lot of lip service in my family, but don't expect any.

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just came across this. I think it illustrates a point I was trying to make.

WT Oct 15, 2009 QFR page 12

Yes. A man who wants to marry needs to
    prepare properly for that responsibility. If he
    is physically able, he will have to work. Of
    course, a man's hard work in caring for his
    family should not be limited to physical matters.
    God's Word indicates that a man who
    does not care for the physical, emotional, and
    spiritual needs of his family is worse than one
    without faith!
    (1 Tim. 5:8) Hence, in preparing
    for marriage and family life, a young man
    should ask himself such questions as these:
    'Am I reasonably prepared to provide materially
    for a family? Am I ready to be the spiritual
    head of a household? Will I fulfill the responsibility
    of conducting a regular Bible
    study with my wife and children?
    ' God's
    Word certainly stresses those vital responsibilities
    .—
    Deut. 6:6-8; Eph. 6:4.

Compare that to ".... I have to admit, he was NOT pressuring me nor did he make me feel bad when I told him I have no desire to go back to the 'org' anytime soon ...... he asked for pics of me...said he missed me and knows that whatever decisions I make, I will be ok."

Funny how they go to the KH and get taught one thing, but when they are talking to a potential recruit or bride, or a bit on the side, they spout something else.

Cheers

Chris

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

I recently spoke to a JW who's stil active on the phone and she never mentioned about when I'm coming back. She wanted to know how my job was, family, dating, etc. It was nice talking to her...

There are alot of good JWs who are very genuine and dont take the shunning seriously.

Ciao,

MMN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit