Australian Senator Slams Scientology in Parliment - Could JWs Be Next?

by Hopscotch 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Australian Senator Xenophon slammed Scientology in a speech in parliment. It was covered last night on national TV here by a current affairs program Today Tonight. By sheer chance (as I usually do not watch TV) it was starting when I went into my MIL's room (she is a JW who lives with us) so I stayed and watched the program.

The senator stated at the end of his speech, "Scientology is not a religious organisation, it is a criminal organisation that hides behind its so-called religious beliefs."

Here is a transcipt of the senator's speech:

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/6489042/none/scientology-hammered-senator

What was so interesting to me was the similarities between Scientology and JWs. (I was hoping my MIL would see it too - she did seem a bit uncomfortable during some of the story). For example on a number of occasions the ex scientologists being interviewed would say that basically the most important thing was not bringing any shame on the organisation.

Some other things that were said that are very similar to the problems with JW's were:

The covering up of child abuse. For example

"Carmel says she also witnessed a young girl who had been molested by her father being coached as to what she should say to investigating authorities in order to keep the crimes secret."

The policy of shunning those that leave or speak out or the cutting off association with 'worldly' relatives and friends. For example

"Anna says she was instructed by the organisation to disconnect from her sister because her sister was gay and therefore, according to Scientology, dangerous, perverted and evil."

and

"Other families have contacted me expressing grave concerns about their children who are still under the control of this organisation. But they have asked that I do not identify them for fear of never hearing from their children again."

The slander meant to discredit those that leave. For example

"And when she (Carmel) finally left the organisation, she says, information she divulged during so-called auditing was used by members to discredit her."

The subtle way of getting people into the organisation by the slow and gradual divulging of the truth. For example

"Kevin Mackey wrote to me detailing his 26 years of abuse in the organisation. In his letter, which I have tabled, he says: When one begins Scientology there is nothing weird or space alien about it in fact Scientology as seen by a newbie is a Godsend to a troubled soul.

But he goes on to say: Once you have taken the bait and become hooked, the real Scientology is presented, very slowly, over years."

I found videos of the Today Tonight story and the senators speech on this ex Scientology website.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=14728

All the time I was watching it I was wondering if the senator would be interested in hearing about some of the policies of JWs.

Hopscotch

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I just realised that JWfacts has done a story on this too but his is more about the Scientologists response to the Senators Speech. I looked through all the topics for the last day before I posted mine but somehow I missed his one.

Hopscotch

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Hopscotch- the more threads covering this the merrier, I've been reading reports of protests breaking out across Australia, in front of the Scientology buildings (I refuse to call them churches). It is mainly in the larger cities here (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane- haven't heard about Perth yet)... the protests were (as far as I can gather) organised by an online group called anonmus?? austanonm??? I added a link to the news on this on JWfacts thread... but here it is again for those that may have missed it...

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,23189467-5014239,00.html

• cantleave
    cantleave

You asked whether JW's could be next. If a Journalist and Politician makes a point of investigating the Cultish behaviours of the JW's, then they very well maybe.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

where do we find a journalist?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ehhh, I really don't think the JWs could get swept up into this. I am glad to see Scientology get bashed, though.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Hopscotch.

This is great stuff! And the WTS has so much Freemasonry/Illuminati and Satantic "baggage" they could easily be next.

Most people could easily see the WTS as a cult with mind control context for the devoted members.

All this is consistent with what has to happen and soon. BTG must be destroyed by the UN. It appears that that will include all these religions now coming under attack.

I think at one point someone will link it ALL to the NWO movement and it will just be banned by the UN, period.

LS

• wobble
    wobble

Larsinger 58 said "BTG must be destroyed by the U.N "

WHY? Because you agree with the looney WT exegesis of Revelation, come on ,read it as though you had never heard of the WT, and as though it was talking about the time it was written, not some far off century,like ours.

Love

Wobble

p.s back on thread, I do hope the spotlight turns on the Dubs soon,they are overdue for a roasting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit