Non-JW partaking of the emblems

by teel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

but that people should be left alone when performing ceremonies that are solemn to them,

TOH,

Being a Christian of some other denomination or cult then does not count in your way of thinking? It must not be an association that is solemn to such members then? That is why JW's spend so much time bothering them at their doors, spreading their literature and trying so hard to proselytize them? That is OK? They have to be JW Christians to get such special attention to their emotions and JW's have no problem in subjecting the doctrines of such others to criticism.

Joseph

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was a local nutbar that would partake. Even when he was df'd. He would dress in white and sit in the front. It was quite amusing

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well I did not partake but I did have a "please pass the jelly" moment at the last memorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBydH93eDY

My wife, daughter, sister-in-law, her baby, and I originally sat up front during the memorial. However, my daughter became fidgety (as usual) and we had to move to the back momentarily. Her sister and I was under the impression that our family was coming back up front so sister-in-law and neice remained up front as we all moved to the back. Finally, my wife told me that we were staying in the back. The talk was finished, as was the prayer, and now the witnesses are moving to pass the bread around.

During this part, I got up to ask my wife's sister if she wanted to come to the back. She said no so I went back to sit down with my family and I noticed on the way back to my chair someone in the row of seats where the elder I knew was sitting. This person was looking at me with a look of disgust and was shaking her head like I was some bumbling idiot or something.

I later told my wife about it and she said that that individual had no room to criticize for she and her husband (though related to the elder) were C.E.O.'s (Christmas' and Easter's Only, a reference to people who attend church only on those days). I laughed and said, "But honey, Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas. So they would only be E.O.'s or M.O.'s (Memorials Only)."

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Partaking at a so called memorial could not honestly be consided to be mocking. The memorial attendees are the mockers. They are mocking the Christian Lord's Supper or communion.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The memorial attendees are the mockers. They are mocking the Christian Lord's Supper

Unfortunately, yes.

Hebrews 10:29 (English Standard Version)

29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 6:6 (English Standard Version)

6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

Blessings,

Stephen

• godrulz
    godrulz

There does not seem to be a consensus here. I have never been a JW and lean away from partaking in a sham ceremony. However, I am born again so freely partake in my own church. I am going to the Memorial tomorrow, so I will decide at the last minute based on the talk and hopefully the Spirit's wisdom.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I have over the years attended several different denomination of churches for a period. I have also when visitng family of friends attended a church local to them for the Christmas service.

In all of these churches when communion was served they said that anyone who would normally partake in their own church was welcome to partake in theirs.

The KH is the only one I have been to where the same welcome is not extended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit