JW members and 401Ks...

by diana netherton 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> So if the end is so near, why bother?

My family used to be involved in the construction of Kingdom Halls. While helping build them I always wondered why they were putting 30-year roofs on them.

The end was "soon". So why the need for a 30-year roof?

• Scott77
    Scott77

I will not be surprised that the WTS will use the Haiti earthquake to point out that the end is even more closer than before.

Scott77

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was one of the fortunate ones,while still a dyed in the wool true beleiver,I obtained a position in an oil co.who had at that time a voluntary superannuation scheme going.I still beleived the big A was imminent,but hey I was not a saver,so contributing was like a forced savings for me.What I didn`t get in my take home pay I wouldnt miss.I was 40 yrs old,a lovely wife and two great boys ,no savings.The yr 1979 surely the big A was just around the corner.I walked away from the cult in 1993 and contimued working 3 yrs passed retirement age to 2007,with enough money to pay outright a house and have a nice investment in retirement. Like I said I was one of the lucky ones.

I feel very sad for those who have spent a lifetime in service to the cult and end up with nothing in their old age.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit