A year +

by kwintestal 14 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

It's been a long time since I've actively posted here. What's happened in the last year? Anything earth shattering?

I got the rags at the door a couple days ago. A couple nice (and cute) JW ladies dropped them by and after a 10 minute one sided discussion I snatched them from the hands of the JW and sent them on their way. Same useless information as always.

Sean

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I guess nothing new ... the end is still at hand.

For those new ones since my absence ... I'm kind of a big deal around here.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I guess a, Hello and welcome back is in order then- Welcome Home Kwintestal!!!

I'm kind of a big deal around here.

and soo modest as well

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hey There!!

Long time no see! I took a brake for a few months too. Rough year with lost job and couple hospitalizations but otherwise doing real good!!

I noticed you posted on another thread and had to check the date , thinking it was an OLD resurrected thread.

Nice to see you again.

How's the family? Any more good shunning stories??

-Denise.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

good to see you around....

Snakes (Rich )

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Denise - It's been a rough go all around when it comes to losing jobs. Here unemployment is in double digits and as tourism is the main industry, we're hit fairly hard. It's definately one of the most depressed areas in the country. Fortunately the government has some good plans in place to help out. I got laid off 1 1/2 years ago and am taking the opportunity to go back to school with the Province footing the bill.

No new shunning stories. I haven't run into JW's I've known for a long, long time ... and the ones I have are no longer in. The family is all good though. :) Thanks for asking.

Snakes ... how's school going for you?

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome back. I figured you had moved on.

The book study is now called the "bible study" and is combined and shortened with the TMS and SM.

There has been some tweaking of some doctrine.

Hi from Blondie and Irreverent

• avishai
    avishai

Woo-hoo! Hi, Kwin!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome back.

Ted Jarasz had a stroke, but is recovering nicely.

Didn't they change the meaning of generation again?

There's a new song book.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome back.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit