The "Truth" Is A Huge Waste Of Time!

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We're in the last seconds of the last days.

• DrJohnStMark
    DrJohnStMark

Yes, the Truth TM is a huge waste of time... and more. Once I made a computer program using the calendar to generate a list of all the JW meetings I had attended during the more than twenty first years of my life. Unfortunately the list was lost in a disk break, otherwise I would append it below this message... it would fill up quite a few pages here. I originally produced the list for fun (to let some steam out), but it was also useful: It helped me to comprehend the strength of JW indoctrination.

• doublelife
    doublelife

elder-schmelder said, "I find myself wasting the same amount of time reading this website and all of the other info that I can get about it."

I feel the same.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Yes, the Truth TM is a huge waste of time... and more.

Indeed.

It helped me to comprehend the strength of JW indoctrination.

All these constant lies repeated before long become T he Truth™

This sums up JWsville™

2 Timothy 3:5-7 (New International Version)

5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

Blessings,

Stephen

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I figure if I spend one to two hours a week reading and posting on this site, I am still ahead by a fair margin.

I estimate that I wasted a solid 15 hours a week in the JW world, sometimes more when there was heavy elder activity.

The great thing is - the one or two hours I may spend here, can be done in my comfy clothes with a beer in my hand and with the football game on!

So absolutely no wasting of ANY TIME! hee hee

Cheers,

The Oracle

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hey, at least on this site, you are not being hounded and forced to do even more. As a witless, no matter how much time you wasted, you always got hounded to waste even more--not to mention the boasting sessions allow zero thinking. Everything comes right out of the washtowel, and you had to comment basically in the words of the paragraph.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Boredom really is the killer, that's why you hear so many inactive ones say "I still believe it's the troof" but they cant stand the boredom, TBH boredom probably played as big a factor as the doctrinal B/S for me.

• minimus
    minimus

They might believe simply because they're lazy. A lot of JWs are very lazy. They would rather take their spiritual slop and doze off.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Its kind of like a baby getting spoon fed, you simply open your mouth and take in whatever is on the spoon, because you trust mother Watchtower

then there's individuals like myself that examined and looked closely at what was on the spoon and wouldn't open my mouth to it.

There are those types of people that follow without scrutiny or acknowledging where they're at or what they are doing in their actions.

JWS follow each with blinders on while a guy in front of them holds up a Watchtower magazine, without acknowledging the fact that they being bullshitted to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit