so I was listening to christian radio this morning. . .

by John Doe 12 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Yeah, don't laugh.

Anyway, they went on and on nonstop about how we should all be grateful and how we are a bunch of spoiled brats and how it personally offends god if we are not grateful. I couldn't help but chuckle. Issues of whether gratefuleness is a good characteristic aside, let's assume god exists. How in the hell do these people claim to know what is personally offensive to god?

Ironically, they blathered on about how they were grateful for this and grateful for that, but they never mentioned how grateful they are to get little old lady's pension money that the little old lady can't afford, or how they're grateful to not ever have to work an honest day's work in their life.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, "Christians" gotta eat!

Sylvia

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

John,

They sound negative to me.

I personally enjoy the christian radio programs put out by Plain Truth Ministries. You can listen anytime online. Here is the link www.ptm.org Just click on radio and then click on the program you want to listen to. They have a new 30 minute program on a different topic everyday. And you can download mp3s for free.

Also on Sundays, if you click the link for "worship online" you can hear a 30 minute sermon. They even have a hymm book so you can sing a song before the sermon. It is an online church, non denominational. I've been enjoying this for a while now as I work overnights on Saturday and am too tired to go to a physical church building on sunday mornings. So when I get up around noon, my husband and I listen to the program together.

I think you may enjoy it becuase they do not push their views on you and are not negative at all. The point of all thier programs is to upbuild people in the faith not remind them how sinful or unworthy they are. Peace, Lilly

• John Doe
    John Doe

"How in the hell do these people claim to know what is personally offensive to god?"

• snowbird
    snowbird

Maybe they take to heart these words of the Apostle Paul to Titus and feel like they're directed to them, also?

Titus 1:10-16 For there are a lot of rebels out there, full of loose, confusing, and deceiving talk. Those who were brought up religious and ought to know better are the worst. They've got to be shut up. They're disrupting entire families with their teaching, and all for the sake of a fast buck. One of their own prophets said it best:

The Cretans are liars from the womb,
    barking dogs, lazy bellies. He certainly spoke the truth. Get on them right away. Stop that diseased talk of Jewish make-believe and made-up rules so they can recover a robust faith. Everything is clean to the clean-minded; nothing is clean to dirty-minded unbelievers. They leave their dirty fingerprints on every thought and act. They say they know God, but their actions speak louder than their words. They're real creeps, disobedient good-for-nothings.

Could be?

Sylvia

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    "How in the hell do these people claim to know what is personally offensive to god?"

The Bible?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

There is some great stuff on the radio. I don't agree with all of it, but well worth listening to the likes of Pastor Mike, Charles (Chuck) Shumer and Dr. Stanley. There's that Scottish fellow and the one from India. You want smart? Some of these guys will blow your doors off. Of course you'll have to turn off the TV.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index.html

• John Doe
    John Doe

You would have laughed at these people Sylvia. It was a man and his wife, and they read a letter from a black woman, and then talked about how they were called to reach out to the black community in particular.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Why, yes.

I see that a lot down here.

Sort of like retracing their steps on the march to Zion to pick up the forgotten ones.

One noted religious person told me, "Jesus don't like the way we've treated y'all."

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• designs
    designs

There are a few descent Charities with the title Christian, you have to do your homework. Most of these Evangelical Radio and TV shows just pander to people's culpability.

Get out your check book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit