"Millions Will Attend -Will You?" Mea Culpa!

by Joe Grundy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Millions now Attending Will Never Partake"
  • Louise
    Louise

Before, when I was in the faith the memorial held a special place in my heart, I would go outside, look at the moon and think 2000 years ago Jesus died and here we were looking up at that same moon........

NOW I forget that it's memorial time. It means nothing to me. The witnesses today are so half hearted in their service to their all powerful god that if they were my employees I'd fire them. Lukewarm water gets spat out - so said Jesus.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Louise, your words could have come right out of my mouth. I, too, would go outside and look at the moon and think the same thing. I really appreciated the occasion and what it supposedly stood for.

I, too, now forget that it's memorial time, and I agree about the Witnesses being halfhearted. I also think that in addition to being halfhearted, they're unqualified. They lack knowledge of the Bible, their religion's history, and their religion's teachings. Also, with the passing of time, it seems that the average intelligence of JWs decreases.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I think with these child molestation lawsuits hitting them and becoming public knowledge the Corporation is directing them not to engage in conversation with the house holder to avoid the rank and file member getting the 'news' about it in the door to door work. I think their non conversational new style is all about information control for the common lackey.
  • Slave4_38y
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Louise - "The witnesses today are so half hearted in their service to their all-powerful god that if they were my employees I'd fire them."

Beautiful.

It's funny; there was a story posted here a while back about a JW graphic artist professional who was invited to tour Bethel and give his thoughts on how they operated.

He told them (after the tour) that if this had been a conventional company/corporation, heads would roll over the inefficiency and poor decision-making that he'd seen.

Needless to say, he left "The Truth" of his own accord not long after.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit