where is the proof that the holy spirit is an impersonal active force?

by javig 31 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Undercover,

Don't forget the midichlorians, its true that the annoited have a far higher midichlorian count than regualr folk, that's why the force is strong with them.

Notice how the WT tries to get kids when they are young, because as they get older there is too m uch conflict and anger.

• Chalam
    Chalam

No, I'm not a Trinitarian.

Sylvia

Here's a definition Trinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity teaches the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as three persons in one Godhead. [1]

If you believe that Jesus is God (not "a god") and that the Holy Spirit is a personal Spirit (not an impersonal force) of the Father and of the Son then...

Blessings,

Stephen

• undercover
    undercover
    Don't forget the midichlorians, its true that the annoited have a far higher midichlorian count than regualr folk, that's why the force is strong with them.

See, everything in life relates to Star Wars. Maybe George Lucas is the True God. Makes as much sense as that mythological gobbledygoop in the Bible.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi, Stephen.

Further down in that Wiki article:

The New Testament does not have a formal doctrine of the Trinity and nowhere discusses the Trinity as such.

That's why I haven't embraced it.

I suppose I could be called a Binitarian?

I'm not sure I've mastered the hyperlink thingy.

Sylvia

• javig
    javig

why when we discuss about the deity of jesus and the HS as a person always tends to lead to the trinity?...may be because is obvious?...

i have found in order to deny the trinity people has to come with some non-sense arguments and reasons. They (JW and any who refuse) like to point to the “greek” meaning and grammar as they authority of spiritual truths. For some, like JW, they can’t understand the trinity because it doesn’t make sense rather they want they JAH to make sense. They put JAH in the same level as humans logic since the trinity is non-sense, they said “if it doesn’t make sense for me it doesn’t make sense for JAH” but they own JAH says:

Isaiah 55: 8 “For the thoughts of YOU people are not my thoughts, nor are my ways YOUR ways,” is the utterance of Jehovah. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than YOUR ways, and my thoughts than YOUR thoughts. (NWT Bible)……

let JAH be JAH…we know that the Trinity is a mystery but he has reveal to us enough revelation in order to trust HIM…unless you(JW and those who deny the trinity) want to make your own image of JAH…which one you choose?....

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

quote: Undercover

"See, everything in life relates to Star Wars. Maybe George Lucas is the True God. Makes as much sense as that mythological gobbledygoop in the Bible." unquote

Nah, no way Jesus as a jedi would get nailed to anything, but, at the same time, those Sith do look very "devil-like"...

Hmmm, maybe you go something.

Snowbird: I suppose I could be called a Binitarian?

Bi eh?

Naughty little minxs !!

LOL

• garyneal
    garyneal

PSac:

You don't have to beleive that the HS is a person in the physical sense, but a person in the "personal qualities" sense.

I believe I said that. Yes I did:

Better to think of the Holy Spirit as something that while it is not like a person as we can comprehend, He has a 'personality.'

That's how many people view the Holy Spirit. I guess it can be misinterpreted though considering the context with the other comments I made. Essentially, we are saying the same thing here in these two sentences.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Bi eh?
    Naughty little minxs !!
    LOL

LOL is right!

Shame on you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binitarianism

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

garyneal,

I agree.

taking the WHOLE of the scriptures as literal is, well, worng, not all of it was made to be take literal ( parables and such) and much of it was written as good stories are, with passion and full of "metophores", the trick is to decided what is literal, what is correct, what is story, what is man-made, what is inspired, what is God-said and what is just colorful story telling.

Sylvia,

Well, I think you being Bi was a lot more fun for as long as it lasted

• Chalam
    Chalam

Here's a great passage on the Holy Spirit etc.

John 14 (New International Version)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
    1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. Is that two people to trust in or one? Is Jesus God? 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going."
    Jesus the Way to the Father
    5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

What is Jesus saying? In knowing and seeing Jesus was the same as knowing and seeing the Father?

8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

Jesus reiterates, seeing Jesus is to see the Father. How is Jesus "in the Father" and the Father in Jesus?

Via their Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

More reiteration and confirmation.

12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
    15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. Another Counselor? Well Jesus being the first and the Holy Spirit is the second. The Holy Spirit is different to Jesus ("another") but provides a similar function (as "Counselor") en masse, i.e. dwelling within all believers. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. However, the Holy Spirit is equal to Jesus ("I will come to you"). 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. Another conundrum but the solution is clear, the Holy Spirit will be seen in action, who is Jesus. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Now, believers enter into the "oneness" with the Holy Trinity. 21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." More confirmation.

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"

23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Yet further confirmation.

25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

More confirmation and information.

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me, 31 but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.
    "Come now; let us leave.

Personally, I find the Trinity running right through this whole chapter, Jesus is one with the Father and their Spirit but they are yet different. One God, three "persons".

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit