Marijuana - The Bible's View (New Light)

by jterfehr 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jterfehr
    jterfehr

Genesis 1:29 New Jerusalem Bible

God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth, and all the trees with seed bearing fruit; this will be your food.'

Genesis 1:29 King James Bible

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

This translation is even better 'herb bearing seed'.

Spark up brothers, Jah has given us..........................

Marijuana

• Satanus
    Satanus

KJ bible rules.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

While I don't think the Bible says anything one way or the other about MJ.
    My thoughts are:
    It smells soooo nice, it couldn't have taken too long to discover its medicinal properties.
    If I was early man and I found it in the woods I would have eaten it.

Did God make it that way on purpose?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • tyydyy
    tyydyy

Didn't you know that if you smoke a doobie you'll be invaded by evil spirits.

• Valis
    Valis

.That works well for old testament, but new testament is ripe w/warnings against the use of drugs by people of dog..and assuming things were supposed to change with advent of christianity..hmm small play on words..sorry, then the old testament became non sequitor. Even the admonition to dog's new people about eating certain things forbidden under Jewish law became apparent Acts 11: 5-9.The greek for drug use is pharmakia, meaning general use of drugs.

The following verses make some mention of drug use in general, such as trying to slip jesus a mickey while on the cross, etc...

Acts 13:6 , 8:9
    Gal 5:20
    Mt 27:34
    2 Tim. 3:13
    I Corinthians 6:19-20

. I don't beleive any of it, as I regularly commune w/bong in hand, but I thought I would throw in my .05 cents. Have a merry New year.

• siegswife
    siegswife

Hey...about drugs/pharmawhatchamacallit

drug \Drug\, n. 1. Any animal, vegetable, or mineral substance used in the composition of medicines; any stuff used in dyeing or in chemical operations.

Whence merchants bring

Their spicy drugs. --Milton.

2. Any commodity that lies on hand, or is not salable; an article of slow sale, or in no demand. ``But sermons are mere drugs.'' --Fielding.

And virtue shall a drug become. --Dryden.

Since MJ is complete, not something used in combination with something else to make a 'drug'; and since it's something that is definitely 'salable', I don't think it fits this definition of 'drug'.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey siegswife - it's a wholefood then right ?

• Francois
    Francois

I remember looking up drug use in the bible years ago and discovered that some holy person was into mandrake root. And I think I also remember nutmeg being used. Did you all know that nutmeg has to be denatured before it's brought into this country? Yep. Nutmeg tea from undenatured nutmeg will give you a spiffy little high.

FT

• jterfehr
    jterfehr

Interesting posts y'all. Started to make me wonder...how many xjdubs smoke pot? How many didn't ever try it until they were exdubs? Hmmm, I never touched the stuff till I was out. Is it helpfull in the treating of post traumatic stress related to having been a dub?

SOMEONE NEEDS TO COMMISION A STUDY ON THIS SHIT!!!

Gotta go clean the bong!! See ya!

• siegswife
    siegswife

Want a brownie? ROFL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit