Just stopping by...

by disillusioned1 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• disillusioned1
    disillusioned1

Hi everyone,

A friend told me about this forum so I thought I'd check it out. I also post on JWR (Jehovah's Witness Recovery) as disillusioned. It seems this forum had someone with that name already so I added the number 1.

I was born into the JW religion. My mom was and still is a JW, as are most of her siblings. I went regularly until about 13 years ago. I didn't realize that I was fading at first. I was just discouraged and tired of trying to live up to their standards. However the more I missed the meetings the better I felt. There was always so much guilt because no matter what I did I never felt good enough. There was always so much more they wanted. After I stopped going the guilt went away. I'll never go back.

Anyway, there is a lot more to my story but I'll save it for another time. I'm going to do some reading of some of the topics here.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Disillusioned

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad you joined this forum. You will find that the ones on this forum are generally caring, sympathic, and understanding. We each went through possibly the same or different situations involving the JW world.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome, Disillusioned1!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Disillusioned 1 So glad to have you aboard... Great place to be
    they are a real good bunch.Unconditional love ..So come on pull up a chair
    & tell us more about your self. My story is here below Yes I am Granny on board

Grace Gough

http://exjw.weebly.com/

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome disillusioned!

It seems this forum had someone with that name already so I added the number 1.

You are the first and you one be the last to be disillusioned ;)

However the more I missed the meetings the better I felt.

Common finding.

Blessings,

Stephen

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome to the board disillusioned1!

I just started posting again here a few weeks ago. Perhaps we will hear more about you in the coming weeks.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• Rumspringa
    Rumspringa

Heya Dis' 1,

Good to have you here. This place is much larger than JW Recovery, but with a much more diverse crowd. (I'm the "friend" who suggested her coming aboard)

Peace,

Rum.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm the "friend" who suggested her coming aboard)

Well Rum Your a good friend I would say

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit