I have learned a new hobby

by Lady Lee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks It's a beginning. Now that I have the concept and technique now I can work on improving the skill.

Finding patterns for this on the internet was quite the challenge.. Most of what I found were small animals so I had to increase the sizes printing them out on 5 or 5 sheets of paper to create the pattern before I started cutting

The animal eyes were a real problem. I didn't want googly eyes and I couldn't find a store that sold them (they are sold on the internet but I wasn't going to charge 49 cents on my credit card. So I bought stuffed animals from second hand stores and cut the eyes out. The other night I was sitting there cutting the eyes out of these animals and then realized I was watching an episode of something where the criminal was cutting the eyes out his victims. -- creepy

• ninja
    ninja

they look like toys to give the mother in law....he he.....ninja hides

• White Dove
    White Dove

Ninja! Watch out or she'll make you a butt-hole pillow just for you! I love her pillows

• parakeet
    parakeet

The other night I was sitting there cutting the eyes out of these animals and then realized I was watching an episode of something where the criminal was cutting the eyes out his victims. -- creepy

Lady Lee goes psycho! Watch out, JWN! Lady Lee's got scissors and she knows how to use them.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

What a cool Grandma

Great idea the kids will wake up thinking about you and fall asleep thinking of you.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

parakeet

That is just too funny

truthseekeriam

not only the pillows but every year they get pjamas from me and yes my grandson gets pjs with dinosaurs on them

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Those are great Lady Lee, and just the sort of thing that kids love best!

One day my 3 year old was not feeling well, coming down with a cold. Right before bedtime, on impulse, I went to my sewing machine and withen a few minutes I cut out a heart shape about 8 inches by 8 inches, sewed the edges, filled half full with flax seeds and sewed shut. I stuck it in the microwave for one minute before i gave it to her and she was delighted! She had something warm to snuggle up to in her cold bed.

I will always remember her baby voice asking me, "did you make it like a heart because you yuv me?"

• John Doe
    John Doe

Do you have Hobby Lobby stores in Canada?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Sphere

what a great idea

John

The big craft store here is Michael's and they don't carry anything but the goggly eyes

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Lady Lee- I absolutly love your pillows, what a fantasic idea!

A couple of years ago, I made 4 Santa Sacks for a friends children, I bought plain standard sized pillow cases, a roll of iron transfere paper ( you use it to make iron on transferes with normal materials- it's like double sided tape only bigger and stronger), and off cut pieces of x-mas print material.... I wish I had the good sense to take some pitures of them..... My friend used them as pillow cases for her kids the week leading up to christmas on her children's bed, then the night Santa came, the were laid out on the ends of the beds waiting to be filled with "stocking filler toys/lollies etc.."- I do this with my own children as well

I am really looking forward to christmas this year now, thank you for sharing your great ideas with us... I m off to get my sewing machine out now.

Amy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit