In your experience how many DFd return to the WTS?

by teel 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dissed
    dissed

Percentage of growth to the size of the group is declining.

The total number looks good at first, but if you compare it to how many JW's they report, it has decreased quite abit over the years.

The marketing company I've belonged to for years, (soon to be retiring from) Yeah! Would never look at just gross additions. In fact Wall Street would blast us away if we did.

It was always the adjusted net additions and then the quality of the subscriber.

As an example in my case. In the 70's the JW's had fantastic numerical and percentage growth. If the same percentage of growth was happening today you would see upwards of 2 million being baptized per year.

If you adjust for the net additions, those coming in, minus those leaving, the JW decline is alarmingly low. If viewed as a business, which I'm sure the GB does, you would have to notice that your distribution points are not producing like before, and the quality of your subscribers (new additions) has gone down.

What I've noticed in recent years, is a trend to skue the report by the WTS to make it appear better than it really is. If a corporation did that to its stockholders (see Enron) they would have to answer to the FTC and maybe the DOJ. They supposedly answer to a higher authority JG.

As to why the serious decline? (see all disacussion on JWN)

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I was told that apprx 1/2 of those DF'd return...and that the avg time period is w/n 2yrs.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

In the past 10 years we have had at least 40 people, including 5 entire families from the local kingdom hall, including 4 in my family, leave and never go back. Most of us keep in touch with each other and have no plans on ever returning to this cult.

I like to think I had a small hand in this, I sent my DA letter exposing the WT false teachings and reason my family was leaving to the two halls closest to my home. Both of which we attended. I've personally had 10 people tell me my letter helped them to finally fully open their eyes to the hypocracy of the WT.

One of the khs was recently sold and 2 congregations were combined. The other hall does have a large number of new people but I am not sure if they moved into this area or if that hall also combined with another. But my hubby and I are seeing more people in service and the faces are not known to us at all.

Interestingly, two "brothers" came to my door a week ago and offered me the Tower, I accepted of course. They had never met me and have no idea I am apostate. I am hoping they return so I can give them a real witness. My taking the WT was to open a door for them. I told them I have Witnesses in my family, which is "technically" true. I didn't tell them that they all are Da'd Witnesses. I am getting scriptures ready for them IF they return.

Lilly

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I heard half return, but that wasn't expressed as solidly to me as the number disfellowshipped each year.

I have a feeling those who are reinstated are an investment of diminishing returns for the borg.

• teel
    teel

I find 50% returns a pretty high number, one that could be considered as a base for the statement in the WT. As I said in my experience it was much lower than that. Dissed's 25% seemed believeable, but 98%? What were they thinking? :o (I'm not questioning you Yknot, I just find it weird). Such high number tells me of a possible error from the elders at their disfellowshipping. One who wants so much to stay in could not be unrepentant.

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Figures show that 150000 leave the cults ranks each year now. And find 50 per cent highly unlikely.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

A little off topic, i have only known of a few to return. I had a witness friend not talk to me after my D/F until some time later when she was herself. She did say she wanted back in, as she still wanted to worship Jehovah, despite some really awful treatment from the JW.

As for myself, i pretty much new from day 1 that i would never return. For two years i had no social life. no life other than work and waiting for my kids visits. Even with extreme loneliness in that time i never considered going back. When i had healed, i started taking dance lessons, and built a whole new life from scratch.

cheers

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Dear AUZZIE, Ditto on that. But, I have gotton over a lot of the stuff now, dont miss my wife and kids as much now. Whats more important is me, and my life, my health, my well being and what makes me happy, and I still love Jehovah, but happier.

I aint in no church and refuse to do that whole slave thing again. I have my own ministry. I post on here. I do other things,

I have moved away, very far away, but some things still hurt. I miss my mother, and never got to see her before she died, but, the more new things I learn, by self study and by reading fellow posters comments on here,the more I am glad I was stumbled out so I could really see how this organization really functions, being stumbled out was the wake up call

There is a great site with a new magazine, and the guy gives some really sound advice, and like you, people can learn to do new things, learn new skills.

They have this great new magazine

Virushead.net

jwrecovery.org

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Having a DF'd relative (especially in your immediate family) can be very inconvenient on both ends. Many return for their family and then simply become inactive within a year. At least that was the case with every relative of mine thats ever been DF'd. Now they attend family functions and its as if they were never a JW.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ynot said, "In my congregation...... 98% get reinstated...."

Wow. Without giving direct locations away, where is your congregation? In the South? Rural?? Just curious as to whether the congregation's location has anything to do with the high rate of 'reclamation'... Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit