If you could choose to live in any generation in any time period,

by John Doe 26 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Some time in the future........long after the WTS has closed it's doors and when we will be able to extend our life for as long as we choose in a consistant youthful body and populating other planets.......and creating genetically modified lions for my personal furry pet..

however since that ain't never going to happen....... I will settle for the weekend after Dec 12th...... because until then.... I am SWAMPED, there is not a single calendar date that isn't filled!

• carpediem
    carpediem

I would choose now. Although we have a long way to go, certainly in Britain with the DDA, things have improved a lot in regards to stamping down on inequality. Being married to a witness I have HATED the belief that he is my 'family head'. Yeah right!

I would however like to spend a few hours in about the year 2059 and see what has happened to 'the lie' when Armageddon still hasnt arrived.

• recovering
    recovering

I would love to have been old enough in the 60's and 70's to confront the WTBS's Governing Body in a public forum and ask them in front of reporters about their 1975 Armageddon prophesy. I would have loved for them to put in writing (in a newspaper or on TV) their prophesy. That way it would have been even more difficult for them to weasel out of it later. I was convinced to get baptized at 12 years of age in early 1975 due to the impending destruction. What did i know at 12? This mistake on my part caused me to lose my entire family later.

• carpediem
    carpediem

Recovering - it is digusting that they allowed you to be baptised at 12. It makes me sick they justify this by saying some children are very spiritual. How does a 12 year old child know what they want? I still didnt know who I was at 25 let alone 12. It just highlights what a sick organisation it is.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

During the time of the Second Rebellion, about 1200 years from now, before the onset of the Sephic wars.

You asked.....

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I would choose to live within the 1914 Generation that "would never pass away".

(Oh wait, nevermind!)

• moshe
    moshe

I would like to live around 1620 in New England- I would explain the concept of the 99 year land lease to the native Americans, who had previously been selling their land for an axes, beads and stew pots.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Far in the future, or 30 years in the past so I could invent everything new since then.

• parakeet
    parakeet

As long as I was wealthy and in good health, I'd like to live in ancient Greece during its golden age.

The reason? 'Cause it's a "classic."

• parakeet
    parakeet

Again with the above conditions, maybe in Palestine during Jesus's life, assuming he actually existed. I'd like to see what really happened. Water into wine? Hah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit