Proof: The Watchtower Is Run By Autistic Robots

by metatron 10 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Let's examine a particularily disturbing article in the Awake magazine ( Dec. 2009). It's entitled "The Importance of Showing Affection".

It teaches that you frequently need to touch your children and that physical expressions of affection are necessary for adults, too. So, "sincere appropriate expressions of affection" are needed. Wow, really? Do you think it's safe? How do I do this ritual of grasping another human's hand and moving it repeatedly in a vertical axis? This thing you call "kissing"... is that lips fully on lips with other men and grandma, too? I have so much to learn about your world...........................

I cannot help but be reminded of a Monty Python sketch in which John Cleese is instructing bored schoolboys in the mechanics of sexual intercourse. Do you really need to teach this? Is something wrong? An Awake article such as this should trigger a voice inside your head that tells you ,"stay away from these people, something is not right with them!". Hey, maybe they are the legendary 'Men in Black' associated with UFO's who are reported to express normal emotions as if they were a foreign language.

And then there's the graphics of people on Watchtower and Awake magazines blankly staring off into space. It looks very spooky not unlike photographs of people with autism. The Paradise Earth as drawn looks a lot like the Behavioral Wing in your local hospital after the nurses distribute evening medication.

And what sort of instruction does the Kingdom Ministry give to those that attend District Assemblies? Don't cook in the rooms. Leave a tip. or other commands that suggest a lack of simple social skills or ability to interact with other people.

A picture is said to be worth a thousand words. I often wonder what the public really thinks when they encounter the strange and oddly stunted world that the Watchtower portrays.

metatron

• White Dove
    White Dove

"The Paradise Earth as drawn looks a lot like the Behavioral Wing in your local hospital after the nurses distribute evening medication." LMAO!

And how about that orange and brown rainbow in the Bible Story Book? They are mental!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LOL, that's some funny analysis!

Hey, wait a minute...

Stop insulting autistic robots by comparing them equally to Watchtower Corp. directors...

This would be more accurate "Proof: The Watchtower Is Run By Humanoids Less Caring And Understanding Than Autistic Robots"

• villabolo
    villabolo

I think metatron that such spookiness is caused by the fact that the guys in charge of illustrations are rank amateurs who just insert whatever picture they could lay there hands on and don't bother to do things like fill up a blank space with some background. I remember seeing a watchtower with a crowd of people streaming through a mountain pass as they enter paradise. All of them where smiling but their attention were fixated in different directions instead of directly ahead where one could presume lays the object of their desire. I figured out that they were just pasting different images of (smiling) people from whatever source they could get (One had a strong resemblance to Walter Cronkite) and just throwing them in together.

Incompetent and amateuristic? Yes. Autistic? Perhaps, but that description I would reserve for the Governing Body who don't mind such corny, high school level literature being distributed to the embarasment of the rank and file. I would not blame the illustrators that put that trash together, rather I would pity them.

One thing I've noticed in the literature. When they illustrate Paradise with houses in the background, they are always isolated houses with the next nearest house, if they bother to put one in, being very far away.

villabolo

• yesidid
    yesidid
    One thing I've noticed in the literature. When they illustrate Paradise with houses in the background, they are always isolated houses with the next nearest house, if they bother to put one in, being very far away.

I can't fault that, that would be my idea of paradise!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

One common mistake that many JWs make is to get caught up in external appearances. They see the governing body and its representatives all wearing suits and looking very official. They get all their literature from these official looking suited men and it is in print so it must be true. The corporation has all those buildings and kingdom halls, so JWs get the inpression that it is all very official and upright. This blinds them to the fact that all these well groomed people are stealing from them. In stealing from them, they really have the same morality and ethical system as some street thug who pulls a gun out and robs someone. The suited man has the same ethics as the sleazy dirtbag con man who is ripping them off. Because of the outside appearance of being so clean, these men fool the JWs into thinking there is a moral difference between them and every crooked politician, crime boss or business person, as they contrive to lay hold of the JWs life energy, money, estate, investments and faith.

• inkling
    inkling
    The Watchtower Is Run By Autistic Robots

Hey! I take offence on behalf of autistic robots everywhere!

• sir82
    sir82
    "sincere appropriate expressions of affection" are needed.

As opposed to...what? Insincere, inappropriate expressions of affection?

Just another example of the utter contempt with which they view the average JW - "Hey, these guys are such idiots, they don't even know they're supposed to show affection for their own children! Guess we better tell them it's OK."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

sir82: "As opposed to...what? Insincere, inappropriate expressions of affection?"

You have to remember, of course, we're talking about an organization that teaches disfellowshipping as an expression of love. Yet, it's the same organization that will "love-bomb" any scumbag that makes an appearance at the Kingdumb Haul.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

example of an inappropriate expression of affection :

elder who told my sister her boobs looked lovely after the op.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit