I Am Not at Home Here.

by compound complex 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

You are still very welcome, Talesin, though six months later....

CoCo en Retard

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Valley of the Blue Moon, a verdant and slightly concave sprawling hollow at the foot of the largest snow-capped rock I ever laid eyes on, is not home to me, nor ever shall it be. Had I entered Paradise under my own steam - not kidnapped - I dare say my impressions of the proverbial Utopia would be immeasurably more favorable.

Nonetheless, I long for the hustle, the bustle, the din of my dirty and lusty city by the bay, whose roots sink deep into the ancient mire of human folly and wanton avarice. What some men consider the deplorable state of fallen man and his consequent foray into all things bad is what titillates and nourishes my aching soul. I suck life in through every pore of my unhallowed flesh and am, to be sure, fed in such a manner that would unhinge the pure at heart.

I have neither desire nor need for that perfect state of affairs that coddles the body but eats the soul....

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

coddles the body but eats the soul

very interesting

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Nancy!

I'm rereading Hilton's Lost Horizon and am getting the impression that my fascination with the tale since youth is what put me on track with JWs and my own TALL TALES.

Thanks!

CoCo Karakal

• compound complex
    compound complex

This is not home -- never can be.

Don't get me wrong.

The people seem nice enough.

Something is missing.

The sky is blue, yet not a blue I remember back home.

The flowers are stunning. They have no fragrance.

And the birds -- how I love birdsong! These plumed, elegant creatures have no voice.

It's the little things that become big things once they're missing.

I tell the people how I feel. They say I'll get used to it . . .

• compound complex
    compound complex

I walk into a twilight of emerging, beckoning stars that bid me join their ranks.

Of the Earth, bound to it body and soul, yet I have never felt quite at home amongst flora and fauna, however delightful to my quivering senses they ever have been. Some mystic allure draws my spirit upward unto celestial realms that defy the constancy of gravity; it dares me take wing and escape the bonds of terrestrial mortality.

Take wing I truly do -- is this a dream? -- and soar to levels beyond the stratosphere, finding my startled self intertwining with, becoming one with cosmic forces that ages ago created the flesh and bone that now assimilates into its place of origin.

Into the Temple of Night do I enter, performing glad and willing obeisance to the One who knows my heart.

• rip van winkle
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Rip . . .

THANK YOU!

Off and running to meet some good news (more later)!

CoCo

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit