E-watchman website closing down.

by yadda yadda 2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Robert King recently announced that his website, www.e-watchman.com, is going to close down because he no longer has the services of his administrator, and because the website has fallen to a lower google rating because of recent inactivity. Says he is moving everything to a blog.

• avishai
    avishai

good.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wait. Isn't it somewhere in Revelation that the eWatchman.com will go into the abyss for, like, two months and then come out as a blog... dressed like a drunken whore, or something?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Wait. Isn't it somewhere in Revelation that the eWatchman.com will go into the abyss for, like, two months and then come out as a blog... dressed like a drunken whore, or something?

Only in Harry Feinstein's bible...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

yes Billy.

She comes out as a drunken whore riding a seven headed dragon. I think she might fall off the dragon and get eaten by a swarm of locusts who all have human heads. I think there might be some horns that grow and fall off or something ...

• garyneal
    garyneal

Don't know what to say about him. I read his 101 answers to the 101 questions to ask a Jehovah's Witness. Boy did he really defend witnesses on question 101. Too bad he neglected mention some of the unloving things witnesses do while he was denigrating trinitarians.

What about his review of Don Cameron's book Captives of a Concept. He made both Don Cameron and Raymond Franz out to look like they are offering 'freedom' that is not true freedom but really bondage. Does he even know what he is talking about?

I guess he thinks he is the Martin Luther of the WTBTS.

• moshe
    moshe

He made money on his book- none of that you received free, give free, stuff for him.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

He is quite the loon. I remember when he kicked everyone off his forum who did not agree wth the teachings of the JW's. The only people left were ass kissing wanna be's

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

He believes the Watchtower is God's org but disagrees with several of their teachings like 1914,1919 etc. His administrator was Timothy Kline.

Bangalore

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I doubt that he made even enough money to cover his expenses for printing the book. It's not like he was a selection of Oprah's Book Club or something.

...and how do you know he didn't send out complimentary review copies to some of his friends? The price of those "free' books came out of his own pocket.

This is a bit of a sore spot for me because all my life I've seen Dubs thinking that the Brother who ran a store was "rich" when he was not. In the XJW community, it's OK if Ray Franz sells his books, but even better if he gives them away at a loss.

XJW authors of any stripe don't have the benefit of slave labor and the purchasing power of the WTB&TS.

Remember that the first part of "received free, give free" requires that you receive FREE. Printing services aren't FREE. If an XJW author makes a couple of bucks on each copy a book he sells, that's because the printer has made $20.

Now, with ebooks, it is a different story, of course, because bits and bytes are virtual and can be blipped around the globe for nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit