What a View

by ThiChi 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

This is really a sight to behold! Scroll to the right.

"The image is a panoramic view of the world from the new space station. It is a night photo with the lights clearly indicating the populated areas. You can scroll East-West and North-South. Note that Canada's population is almost exclusively along the U.S. border. Moving east to Europe, there is a high population concentration along the Mediterranean Coast. It's easy to spot London, Paris, Stockholm and Vienna. Check out the development of Israel compared to the rest of the Arab countries.

"Note the Nile River and the rest of the "Dark Continent". After the Nile, the lights don't come on again until Johannesburg. Look at the Australian Outback and the Trans-Siberian Rail Route. Moving east, the most striking observation is the difference between North and South Korea. Note the density of Japan.

"What a piece of photography. It is an absolutely awesome picture of the Earth taken from the Boeing built Space Station last November on a perfect night with no obscuring atmospheric conditions."

• jayhawk2
    jayhawk2

Way Cool! I just wish it had Japan in there too. Thanks for the picture.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Japan IS in there. Look directly to the right of China for the extremely illuminated island.. which is Japan.

Someone need to brush up on their Geography? (smile) ;)

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Awesome picture!

I have a question, though. How come Australia only has 12 lights on when everyone knows they have at least 14 or 15 lights in that country?

Farkel, waiting for the bashings to come from Oz!

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• jayhawk2
    jayhawk2

I know where Japan is, but in the picture on my screen it is cut off.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I can clearly see Buffalo!

I thought the stretch of lights across northern Asia was very cool.

I am wondering why China is so dark.

• LDH
    LDH

AMAZING!

I am blown away that India has that many lights!

Cyg, don't worry, I won't tell ANYONE that you were actually looking for Buffalo, LOL!

Lisa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Obviously CYG -- Buffalo is easy to spot. 6 feet of snow reflects light quite well!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• LDH
    LDH

The lights of Cabo San Lucas are calling me! (at the end of the Baja California Peninsula)

I'm surprised such a sleepy little town even registers!

Lisa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Great place! Ever been to San Philippe on the Sea of Cortez? Love the whole area. Loading up the 67 VW bus this April with friends and heading down to the very tip!!!

“Cancel my subscription to the resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention, I got some friends inside.....” The Doors

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit