• avishai
    avishai

OK, page 2 not showing up...

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thank you, Purple Sofa.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

I also have a bad feeling about this. But rather than freaking out like I usually would, I question something.

The article it says it still remains open and used as houses of worship, the government just owns it and can investigate...so what's the problem?

• White Dove
    White Dove

We as XJW's are probably viewing this happening like it happened when the governments seized kingdom halls. Kick the people out and lock it up. Guess this is different.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

Then you missed this.

The mosques and the skyscraper will remain open while the forfeiture case works its way through court in what could be a long process. What will happen to them if the government ultimately prevails is unclear. But the government typically sells properties it has seized through forfeiture, and the proceeds are sometimes distributed to crime victims.

"No action has been taken against any tenants or occupants of those properties," U.S. attorney's office spokeswoman Yusill Scribner said. "The tenants and occupants remain free to use the properties as they have before today's filing. There are no allegations of any wrongdoing on the part of any of these tenants or occupants."

• asilentone
    asilentone

at least not yet, Hikaru, it should give you some perspective that you should enjoy your remaining days of your life.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Purplesofa: "Maybe it will be the beginning of the end of religions.

I got this article from a JW, and that is what they are hoping, their response was........... giddy.

When I read this it settled in me deeply, a bigger story, bigger news than what we are exposed to right now.

IDK, I can't think the repercussions will be taken....... lightly."

The thing is, I think WT is snowblinded. This would mean the end for them, too.

Scientology has recently gotton it's come uppance and some major breaking news stories about their gestapo tactics. (Holding members against their will, those that leave loose their families and friends, some members stalked and hunted down and brought back for thought reform before they are allowed to leave the "religion".)

I have seen Scirntology recently exposed as a terrorist type organization. I would imagine WT will be right behind them.

I can well imagine that WT will fall before any Protestant religion does.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Where is the ACLU on this? Asleep? Stoned?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit