a "Blood" experience...

by AwSnap 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I was speaking with a lady today & found out she's been a nurse in the blood transfusion unit at our hospital for the past 15 years. I said, "I have an off-the-wall question for you...I was having a discussion with somebody about Jehovah's Witnesses. I know they're not allowed to get blood transfusions but they can get fractions, right?" She said that they have a way to put it in the system, so just in case there's a mistake or misunderstanding, a signal will pop up on the computer so a transfusion won't take place. I asked, "Is there any way to get those fractions from any way other than from blood? "No, it all comes from blood." As a side comment (she was very enthusiastic talking about her job & blood ), she went on to explain all the different types of fractions there are & said "but really, its all blood, that's just how we look at it." My response was: "sorry, I know I may sound weird asking this but I find it so interesting. The fractions you're talking about are stored, right?" She kinda looked at me funny. I got embarrassed but said, "I mean, you guys have it 'in stock' so to speak, right?"

"Oh, yeah....it comes to us from Red Cross. They do the separating (for the fractions) and then send us whole blood and fractions, which we keep some of it frozen until it's needed. (Some of it, she said, stays room tempurature but is constantly being shaken....not sure why though).

So I thought this was quite an interesting conversation today. I've read all about it, but have never actually spoken to someone who knows firsthand. And I'm angered that Witnesses are allowed to take the blood fractions that others have so kindly donated. Yet they refuse to donate blood.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

???

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    And I'm angered that Witnesses are allowed to take the blood fractions that others have so kindly donated. Yet they refuse to donate blood.

Well, that's what happens when people are deluded enough to think that they are part of a special group. My "worldly" aunt told me that she was pissed about the jw sense of entitlement. She said that there were many times that she passed on gently used clothing and household items to my jw mom to pass on to her friends, (all, of course, were jws). Yet not one person in the group ever offered my aunt anything in exchange.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Well, that's what happens when people are deluded enough to think that they are part of a special group. My "worldly" aunt told me that she was pissed about the jw sense of entitlement. She said that there were many times that she passed on gently used clothing and household items to my jw mom to pass on to her friends, (all, of course, were jws). Yet not one person in the group ever offered my aunt anything in exchange.

Offering verbal thanks or reciprocating generosity is optional for future bird food.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Did you know....

quote:

"...the Laurence Rockefeller-directed New York City Blood Bank knowingly released thousands of pints blood contaminated with the AIDS-virus, HIV, despite holding secret the oxygenation technologies capable of clearing the virus from infected supplies.

According to the "Structure of Freemasonry," the "Order of the Red Cross" stands third in the top echelon of power just behind the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM) and the "Order of the Knights Templar." Religious scholars cross their Bibles with red marker ribbons today unaware of the symbolism-the Masonic importance of the pure red bloodline.

http://www.tetrahedron.org/articles/apocalypse/red_double_cross.html

• sspo
    sspo

Try telling that to any JW that they are actually getting blood and it you will not get a response. Brain dead!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Ive pondered this one a lot and I figure there are several ways of looking at it.- which is why they make such a big thing.

they often compare blood to alcohol. - if you were told to abstain from alcohol, would you inject it in your veins etc. and the answer is no.

but fractions of alcohol are fruit and yeast and sugar. - would that mean if you were not to ingest alcohol that you could not ingest any of these components by themselves?

- the other way to look at it is, if these components are broken down, they may not really be blood, but are they really anything else on their own? - I mean sugar is sugar and so on.

its a very silly ruling, Im wondering how long it will go on before they realise that the bible doesnt mean that at all. - its already verging on very dangerous.

there is no way on earth, as I have said before, that I would have refused blood if my kids needed it no matter what they try to brainwash you with.

this as usual gives me an idea for a topic so I shan't hijack this one x

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

According to the "Structure of Freemasonry," the "Order of the Red Cross" stands third in the top echelon of power just behind the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM) and the "Order of the Knights Templar." Religious scholars cross their Bibles with red marker ribbons today unaware of the symbolism-the Masonic importance of the pure red bloodline.

pure curiosity - if these societies are so secret, and their secrets are so secret, and people are afraid to reveal on pain of death, how do people manage to write books openly on the internet revealing the secrets of secret societies?

they can't be that secret

Dr Skeptizmo..

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Creativ - that sounds a bit like a talk my parents heard a few years ago by someone who was on the HLC at London Bethel and gave a "special" talk at their congregation one Saturday evening.

His illustration was that fractions would be like to taking a gun (a thing that kill) and taking it all apart and then reusing the screws, individual components etc. Even though I was still active at the time it just didn't make sense to me then and makes even less sense now!

• Aurelius
    Aurelius
    And I'm angered that Witnesses are allowed to take the blood fractions that others have so kindly donated. Yet they refuse to donate blood.

Yep I raised a similar point with a Ministerial servant, his response was that the hospital would use all the primary 'banned' fractions for transfusion and not just the WTBS permitted fractions. OK, I suggested that if he were to accept a minor fraction wouldn't he rather it came from a JW than a 'Worldly' !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit