Did you know any kick A$$ sisters?

by highdose 11 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

the type that refused to cowtow to the elders, stood up for themselves etc? I did, i was one of them, and like all that i've known, i left.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

me. Im kick ass hun. never let them give me crap. ;)

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

I know you can get your sister A$$ kicked out for being that way.

• highdose
    highdose

brainwashed... and this is a bad thing because???? ;)

• VIII
    VIII

My mom was when she was younger. Got her DFd. She appealed that and got it reversed. Not reinstated, reversed. She was always fighting the Elders on something. We changed KHs frequently because she was always debating *something* with them. She was on the Enemies list as far as Publishers goes.

She is in a KH 20 miles away right now because the local hall still has the same old Elder in charge and he despises her. She'd rather switch than fight at this point.

There were a few like her in our KH. The Elders were good at keeping them down.

• LucyA
    LucyA

WE had one older sister she was in her 80's or 90's I think she had been JW her entire life basically and had an encyclopaedic knowledge of the society. She questioned and corrected the elder frequently and loudly but since everyone loved her the elders couldn't do a damn thing about it. She was also the one who when she found out I was having doubts told me to study not only JW doctrine but others as well. I miss her she was a GREAT lady.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

My grandmother, god rest her soul. One WT study, the conductor went over time by about a half hour. My Grandmother asked him afterwards if he forgot his watch. There was a local needs the following Thursday about submissiveness. She was notorious for comments such as these.

• blondie
    blondie

Probably some might say I was but I never confronted, I always asked a question and used a scripture. "Brother Elder, how does that harmonize with this scripture?" or better yet use a WT publication quote, "Brother Elder, the slave seems to say this.........then read the quote." Never a backroom meeting with the elders.

It is no fabrication that "comments you won't hear at the WT study" sometimes were comments I used. The rank and file loved it. I sincerely believe that the best way to handle some people is to "hang them with their own words."

• TD
    TD

I remember one that could tell an Elder off anytime she wanted to and was absolutely untouchable. --Elderly, anointed, life-long pioneer; a walking encyclopedia of JW doctrine. She looked like Gertrude Stein.

She never thought too much of me, but I always enjoyed watching her speak her mind to the Elders.

• undercover
    undercover

I knew a couple of older sisters who were tough old broads. They were around during Rutherford's time. I think one of them knew him or met him or sumthin. Anyway...this one ole girl didn't take shit off nobody, including elders. And most elders were younger than her. When they tried to run rough shod over her, she put them in their place toot-sweet. Sometimes she was wrong but she didn't give a shit. No snot-nosed, wet behind the years kid elder was going to preach down to her. After awhile the elders learned to leave her alone. I think it became a joke amongst themselves to assign a new elder to counsel her just to watch him tuck tail and run.

We could have used more like her...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit