blondie

bttt

• blondie
    blondie

bttt

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Perhaps a few pointers to help...

1) When mailing your cards (I usually wind up at the post office asking for stamps), ask for stamps - otherwise they will stick a generic preprinted label with the postage amount on it. Stamps are cooler - especially when going to (or coming from) a different country. You get to see what the stamps look like for that country.

2) Remember that sending cards to a foreign country may take longer than local mail (within your country). Allow extra time for that. (I.E. mail to Australia - from the U.S. may take 10 to 12 days)

3) Remember that the longer you take to get the cards in the mail... well, the mail slows down - due to everyone else sending out cards, letters and packages.

4) If your card is not too heavy - you can send more than the card in the envelope - up to the 1 ounce limit (here in the U.S.). I've been able to send small items inside with the card - for the same stamp.

5) Some Christmas Cards show local flavor - (I.E. a photo of your city - or nearby landmark). These are really awesome - as they show someone what it looks like near where you live. (Oops... that may sould like stalking... sorry - not meant that way)

6) As you get cards from those who send them - proudly display them. We put up a wire - and hang each card on this line. It gets crowded towards the end... but I make room for all of the pretty cards.

I've got a list of folks I've been mailing to over the past few years... I'll be recycling that list for this year.

Have fun. Mailing Christmas Cards is really fun!

Regards,

Jim TX

• blondie
    blondie

Remember some people are here for their first christmas and would like a list of people they could send to this year and next and next.

Love, Blondie

• blondie
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

My first few years I enjoyed sending out cards, and I received a number, too, since I had quite a few non-Jw contacts. That has faded now, and I'm finding it more of a chore than fun - last year i didn't send any. But you've reminded me that it is a nice way to connect with people, particularly those who may be doing it for the first time. So I'm game.

• blondie
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have done this since I started posting and it has been great .

At first my husband ,who faded with me but was still mentally a JW ,thought it was a silly thing to do .Now he looks forward to the cards and where they come from as much as I do ! My son that still lives at home gets excited to see all the holiday cards displayed ,he wants us to put up a big tree and lights on the house . I add a little something each year and my husband is accepting more and more .

So for you newbies hang in there be patient and remember to just ENJOY life even the little things .

• blondie
  • blondie
    blondie

Anyone else like the joy of send and receiving a card for those who post on JWD? I love sending but also putting them up on the mantel with care hanging them over a clothesline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit