Which book do you recommend for my next reading?

by tjlibre 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

The Road Less Travelled or Releasing The Bond?

I already read Crisis OC, almost done with In Search of CF. And of course, I’m still reading other bible translations.

I’m taking a long break for the Thanksgiving holyday week and would like to use that leisure time to read a good book. ( I know, I know…I should be out in service).

• pat1060
    pat1060

What is The Road Less Traveled? I can't put In Search book down.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Swedish author Stieg Larssons three books. They are action/thriller and very very good and exciting if you like that genre. They've become movies now.

They are called The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Definitely read Steve Hassan's book, next. His first book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' should not be skipped, IMHO. (One powerful aspect of reading this earlier book, is that you get to see his thoughts before he was even aware that JWs are a high-control group. You may experience some disbelief to discover that many other groups are identical to WT in their methods of control.)

Randy Watters has a book called, 'Thus Saith Jehovah's Witnesses' which I highly recommend. It's a collection of scans/photocopies of many, many WT lies -- from their own publications.

A few months ago, I started the thread below, which you may enjoy:

Which 5 Books Would You Recommend?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/175831/1/Which-5-Books-Would-You-Recommend

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the Bottings' book The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses is good fun too.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good choice Newborn - I've read the first one of Stieg Larssons, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but am waiting for the paperback to come out of the next (I hate reading hardback books - I know its weird) I didn't know they had made a movie.

I'm reading Dune by Frank Herbert at the moment - pretty heavy but good.

If you want something more classical - Women in White by Wilkie Collins is really good.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Im reading "The Lovely Bones". Excellent book. Also just read "The Heretics Daughter". Read "Precious" too. And Dan Brown's new one "The Lost Symbol"

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

reading thread now. Thanks leavingwt.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I would second LWT's recommendation to read Combatting Cult Mind Control before Releasing the Bonds.

Captives of a Concept is well worth a look too.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

At least one Hassan book is a MUST! Agreed with Leaving... Releasing the Bonds next up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit