Working Hard While Storm Approaches

by snowbird 52 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Hang in there, snowbird. After Katrina, any approaching storm would make one apprehensive. We'll probably get some rain from it here in PA later on.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Purps.

A little tidbit for Ninja: I can answer three phone lines and still banter with you and others!

When I was at school, I could read a different book and keep up with the class discussion without missing a beat.

I could always do stuff like that - used to amaze, confound, and infuriate my teachers.

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

yep...there's a lot to be said for schizophrenia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, Para.

After a heavy rain, most roads will be impassable.

I don't look forward to the nastiness that will be left behind.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    yep...there's a lot to be said for schizophrenia

ROFL.

You just don't know when to quit, do you?

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

The experience with JW's shattered my nerves and almost my faith.

Faith is like a muscle. Don't go for the biggest weights when you enrol at the the gym, start with the small ones and do plenty of reps.

Go often and build up the reps and the weight.

I always loved this verse, it applies to us all. A good prayer if you need it :)

Mark 9:24 (English Standard Version)

24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

Here's another to build your faith :)

James 5:17 (New International Version)

17 Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

Blessings,

Stephen

• parakeet
    parakeet

After a heavy rain, most roads will be impassable.

It should be around lunchtime there, snowbird. Your boss should let you go home NOW. (tell him I said so. )

If you could read and attend to class discussion at the same time, you're way too smart to be answering phones!!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It should be around lunchtime there, snowbird. Your boss should let you go home NOW. (tell him I said so. )

LOL. He's waiting for his boss to give the green light!

If you could read and attend to class discussion at the same time, you're way too smart to be answering phones!!!!

LOL again!

Rest assured, I do way more than answer phones. However, when I had a nervous breakdown in 2005, I relinguished some of my responsibilities.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you, Brother Stephen.

Peace.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

The due time has approached!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+