Bethel brother prays we remain submissve and obey the GB

by JerkhovahsWitless 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I had my SAD (and what a sad day for me it was) maybe a little over a month ago... The concluding talk was given by some Bethel douche. His name is Don or John Larson / Larsen. His wife's name is Emma (maybe it was Enema?). Maybe someone here recognizes who that is?

Anyway, during his talk he said something along the lines of how opposers of the Watchtower don't have any facts or proof the Truthâ„¢ / organization is wrong. They oppose because of their own sinful, selfish, worldly desires and oppose because they want no part of the Truthâ„¢. Well, that set off my cult detecor and I decided to start recording his talk in case he said anything else that's taken verbatim from a list of what cults say.

He didn't really say anything else on that subject, but he did close the day out with prayer. In his prayer he prays we all remain obedient and submissive to the organization.

Here's the link to hear it on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHMz4ys4GqY

I don't ever recall hearing that in a prayer before, and coming from a special speaker from Bethel, I found it really creepy.

Has anyone else ever heard a prayer like that? Maybe since I rarely go to any JW related BS these days, things like this jump out at me more now.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Prayers such as this are a means of planting an almost subliminal thoughtin the minds of the listenes (and that group does NOT include any invisible "spiritual" creatures, since they do not exist) the need for them to conform to this request.

It's all part of the mind-control game.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Pretty standard "OBEY THE ORG" prayers that they save towards the end so that everyone remembers them.

• yknot
    yknot

That message has been growing more and more over the last few years......

Oddly enough when you hear it outside of the Assembly Hall......it does sound really really culty and creepy~ and yet while sitting in the koolaid laced air of the spad it sounds perfectly normal......

• lrkr
    lrkr

John Larson is a up and coming heavy. On the Branch Committee and, I think, Factory Overseer. Always struck me as a bit of a weasel.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

very culty.

very creepy.

I like it!

The higher the culty factor, the more likely thinking people will wake up and run for the hills

The Oracle

• VM44
    VM44

John Larson, Branch Manager

Watchtower Bible And Tract Society Of New York, Inc

117 Adams St
    Brooklyn, NY 11201

Phone: (718) 560-5000

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger? What if they make a huge mistake, or are intentionally misleading people? We are supposed to obey them until they are removed, which can take 20 years or more (during which time we could end up dying). Even Paul said that we should become imitators of him only as he was of Christ, meaning that if Paul did something against Christ, we would not imitate the mistakes.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I plan on attending an upcoming devival and recording. We will see what gems I capture.

• teel
    teel

I couldn't understand all the words in the video, but no need, the cult factor is obvious from the parts that I did understood.

Unfortunately having high cult-like elements will change nothing for the ones that are truly in, and even those who are out might not realise the problems. When confronted with the fact that the GB made several mistakes over the years, and those mistakes cost some people their lives or quality of life, she just said she doesn't care if the GB makes mistakes. Those are obviously not from Jehovah, but if God didn't find it necessary to fix it in time, then it shows our obediance to God that we do as the GB says. Yep, she's deep in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit