Are Witnesses really this stupid that they need to be told this?

by kurtbethel 27 Replies latest jw friends

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

they have to put the same signs up in surgeries and public places, because witnesses or no - some people are thick and they dont wash their hands and they dont cover their faces when they cough or they go to meetings ill because they are super spiritual and then spread infection to the young or weak or infirm.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure they tell jws this to cover their legal ass.

• Purza
    Purza

Its just another one of their "loving" reminders.

On a side note, I was in a senior center the other day and there were signs all over the restroom saying REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS. I joked with the person who ran the senior center about it - but then again, sometimes I stand up to do something, I forget what I stood up for - so the reminder was justified.

Purza

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

They really are that stupid.

One thing that pissed me off was in our congregations' restrooms instead of a hand dryer or paper towels they just had a regular cloth hand-towel for everyone to share. It was disgusting. And it was never washed. That thing was manky! My little boy would always reach for it after washing his hands and I'd have to steer him away and tell him to just dry his hands on his clothes or mine. He's ASD and changing the routine like that would always cause a scene. I would throw the towel in the bin myself (before washing my hands) if I was in a particularly bad mood.

I brought it up to the elders repeatedly. They said they would try to encourage whoever was cleaning the hall to take the towels home and wash them. Idiots.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Wow Missing Link! That is quite the disgusting tale of a lack of hygiene.

Pardon the pun, but I would have gone ape-shit if that had been the practice in my old KH bathroom. Thankfully, the old KH that I used to attend was pretty clean.

See. It is possible to say something nice about the JWs.

The Oracle

• wobble
    wobble

We had a talk once about someone leaving floaters in the pan !

We were told to flush after use. So I used to hold my breath for a long time, and go for a jog round the car park. so people could see I was flushed.

Love

Wobble

• John Doe
    John Doe

We were told to flush after use. So I used to hold my breath for a long time, and go for a jog round the car park. so people could see I was flushed.

Huh?

• chickpea
    chickpea

Hand-washing is the cheapest way of controlling disease but less than one-third of men and two-thirds of women wash their hands with soap after going to the toilet, a British study by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine showed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33325670/

evidently a large portion of the population
    needs someone's "mother" to tell them
    to wash their damn hands......

• Balsam
    Balsam

Sad commentary on people that they just feel it is too much trouble to wash their hands after wiping, shaking, or dabbing while using the toilet. I think about that every time I am in a position to shake hands. May be its a good idea to carry hand sanitizer. JW's are no different than anyone else, they need to wash hands too.

• life is to short
    life is to short

When I was a teenager in the truth the saying went if you are sick you do not feel good no matter where you are at. So why not go to the meetings because staying home will not make you well. Many were guilted into going to the meetings and spreading their germs to everyone. I caught a cold this way from a MS it was one of the worst colds I ever had. Oh how I wished the guy had just stated home but no he was so proud of himself for dragging himself to field service and making the car group suffer through his hacking and weezing. Stupid looking back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit