"Jehovah will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear"

by highdose 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

i used to pin all my hopes on this scripture, cling to it no matter what. Eventually i realised that it was rubbish! Life in the borg is so tramatic that it will often be way beyond what you can bear, and the only "comfort" you might get? A strict ticking off from the elders or a guilt trip from sister " oh so smug and self righteous"!

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

This was one scripture I used to hold close too. Every time I'd endure a tragedy, or something upsetting me, I'd remember not to worry, as Jehovah would put an end to it if he thought I couldn't manage it. I don't know what I believe anymore

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

It was taught to us in a "you will be tortured during the persecution" way. We would suffer torture but Jehovah would make us pass out if it was more than we could stand. He wouldn't give us more than we could bear. Oh yeah? He didn't watch "24"... What a crock....sadistic pigs turning that propaganda out.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Oh I remember that too! Does anyone else remember being told how witnesses who were being beat up by police would feel the first punch, but not subsequent ones? Or how like Snoozy says, you would pass out before the pain became too bad? There were so many stories floating around of how witnesses would be beaten black and blue but wouldn't feel a thing. Apparent eye witness and personal accounts of having been through it. I always used to wonder then, how some witnesses still died after being tortured, how would Jehovah choose this one to survive, but not that one.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Here all this time I have been remembering the scripture as saying (take more then you can bear). I don't know how I come to that conclusion so I looked it up in the NWT, and the Jerusulum bibles. The NWT bible says (tempted), and Jerusulum bible says (tried).

I am still not real sure how I come to the conclusion, but it is just as well that I interpret it that way because I know from personal experiences that a person can acually die from lack of love or a broken heart, and I beleive that death some times is a blessing from God, a way out.

I beleive that stress is the number one killer of all time. Stress breaks down the immune system, desease moves in, and then death.

I have been told that there has been studies to verify that a new born child being given all the new born needs to stay alive (food, clothing, shelter,etc.) will die in a matter of weeks with out love.

I beleive this in remembrance of my sister that died at age 48, then my brother that died two years later at age 48.

I can forgive the witnesses because I know that some other SOB could have come along and spoiled my day.

I pray to God to give me the strength to carry on...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It should read "Jehovah will not let you be tempted beyond what you are EXPECTED to bear. Of course, then He could expect you to bear what is totally beyond what you are able, and judge you wicked for not being able. Also, Jehovah decides what you can bear (and, He loves to see you suffer all your damn life and never realize fulfillment, so what disincentive is there for that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag from pushing you past your breaking point and then blaming you?).

This is precisely what an evil God would promise. A truly loving God would never allow you to be tested beyond what He could discern is how you function best, and thereafter allow you to do what you do best, under conditions and circumstances that best suit you, and never allow anything to disrupt that once those ideal conditions have been found. Otherwise, Jehovah might easily destroy someone that would have been suited under one set of conditions, just because He had to test how that person would do if given bad conditions.

Whether it is "tempted" or "tried", Jehovah has not passed this test. He always tests, tries, and tempts (which ever term you prefer) people to their maximum detriment, and then expects praise out of them all the time. All this is for a scam--there is no perfect life anywhere. It is either nothing, or everything you do is what Jehovah tells you to (and would you like to live, in heaven or earth, where EVERYTHING you did was what Jehovah told you?).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That statement proves that you can throw any words together and get people to trash logic for whatever "cause".

Allah will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.

Buddha will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.

The Republican Party will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.

The Communist Party will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.

Santa Claus will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.

Billy the Ex-Bethelite will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear

As long as you have someone to believe the line, then it must be "the truth".

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This line actually represents Hopeā„¢

JW's are always about tomorrow, never about now. They are like a kid waiting for Santa Claus on January 2. All this is desiged to do is to get you to stop thinking about the problems that the JW religion has put upon you, because you can take it! (right up the.....)

• peacedog
    peacedog

I can't help but think of the JWs I knew that committed suicide....

• trueblue
    trueblue

I can't help but think of the JWs I knew that committed suicide....

I can't help but think of the JWs I knew that committed suicide.... same here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit