What percentage of males to females in the congos?

by 1914BS 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

I have heard that there is way more females in most congregations. It seems the males are doing 12 hour a day window washing jobs and have no more energy left to attend a mind control session. Has anyone else noticed that trend? Just think wihout males there will be no MS, Elders ect and the borg will collapse.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I thought in general, earthwide there are more females anyway? Not just with witnesses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, just going by something I heard once.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Yes, in general there are more females than males. But not my much. Maybe 51% - 49%.

The latest Pew Survey shows JWs with one of the largest excess of females at 60% - 40%

• Chalam
    Chalam

It seems the males are doing 12 hour a day window washing jobs and have no more energy left to attend a mind control session.

LOL!

Stephen

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My ex just remarried a pioneer sister that is 25 years younger than him. Those poor pioneer sisters sure must be desperate with very few opportunities.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Pew survey 60/40 is indeed interesting. In 1960s congs where I served where "the need is great" it was even higher than that - maybe 75/25 if you counted active women versus active men.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Oh my god...when there was a single brother in a congregation, he was targeted by every available female in there. Seriously. Shortage much??? Even gangly, pimple faced kids with braces were chased after with plates of cookies and invites to dinners...geeeez. And they would come from other congregations in a feeding frenzy!

Nuts stuff....when one of our elders' wife ran off with a kid 20 years her junior and was caught in a hotel with him and both DFd, this elder became spiritually divorced it was shameful to watch my fellow sisters fawn unabashedly over this man. It was sickening.

He ended up marrying my mother in law...fancy that. And she had never even looked in his general direction. His wife used to be her best friend too. Ha...seems like karma.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I'd say the 60 to 40 ration is about right. From what I've heard, other countries like Japan, Russia and Latin America have much higher rations of females to males. So my question to my elder husband was: If no one come unless Jah draws him/her, why isn't he drawing more males? Oh, and another point of evidence about the great gender discrepancy is the recent KM article about how to witness to males specifically.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

60/40 in our congregation.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Is it any wonder so many marriages in the borg are miserable? The poor single girl has to marry ANYBODY. It does not matter if he has all his parts or marbles for that matter- just anyone will do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit