Fort Hood Under Attack!!!!

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Training is supposed to include making soldiers patriotic, bonding w fellow soldiers.

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Now they say the dead shooter was a mental health professional.

• yknot
    yknot

It just keeps getting worse.........

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Just watched the news now. They said the shooter was killed, and the other two persons held have been released. They said the shooter was armed with 2 handguns, not M16's as I read earlier. 13 dead and 30 wounded. I'm wondering how 1 guy can get off 43 shots, assuming each shot hit its target, from 2 handguns before finally being taken down.

W

• asilentone
    asilentone

CNN confirmed that the shooter is alive but wounded!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

it was a semi-automatic weapon

just heard on Larry King Live

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, it's just one guy?

S

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Army psychiatrist suspected of carrying a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, had come to the attention of authorities six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

The postings appeared to have been made by Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, who was wounded during the shootings at the Army post that killed 12 soldiers and wounded at least 30 others. A Fort Hood spokesman had earlier said Hasan was killed.

The officials say they are still trying to confirm that Hasan was the author of the Internet postings. They say an official investigation was not opened.

One of the officials said late Thursday that federal search warrants were being drawn up to authorize the seizure of Hasan's computer. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

One of the Web postings that authorities reviewed is a blog that equates suicide bombers with a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save the lives of his comrades.

"To say that this soldier committed suicide is inappropriate. Its (sic) more appropriate to say he is a brave hero that sacrificed his life for a more noble cause," said the Internet posting. "Scholars have paralled (sic) this to suicide bombers whose intention, by sacrificing their lives, is to help save Muslims by killing enemy soldiers."

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/gen/ap/US_Fort_Hood_Shooting_Suspect.html

• beksbks
    beksbks

Apparently he's not dead or in danger of dying. Last I heard.

• finding my way
    finding my way

where did you hear that beksbks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit