Would you become a Veggie to save the planet

by eyeslice 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Of course I would. And everyone saying they wouldn't, in actuality probably would; if they really believed it would save the planet.

But most of us don't believe that. Personally, I don't think it's necessary for all humans to become vegetarians - but at the same time, we can't go on like this indefinitely. I'd rather see 3 billion people cut their meat consumption in half, than see 300 million people eliminate meat entirely. I'd also like to see standards for cruelty free farming put in place that all countries had to adhere to (which would drastically reduce meat consumption- there wouldn't be nearly as much to consume).

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I agree with 6of9. I definitely think we should treat our animals with more dignity.

BTS

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I'd also like to see standards for cruelty free farming put in place that all countries had to adhere to

That's what I'd like to see. If it means I eat less meat then so be it. As it is I try to have 3 meatless days each week.

To save the planet I think a far more drastic change would be needed. I don't think the technology and standard of living we're accustomed to is sustainable over the long term. Maybe we should all just go back to plowing our own dirt, butchering our own hogs and dying at 55.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit