The Spirit of The Congregation

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You know Mouthy, just because I disagree with your view, you don't have to call me names. I disturb you. You call me a sht disturber. very nice, Grace.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

my hall was full of people that didn't work because they were lazy - at one point cong was 100+ - only 10 people worked full time, was pathetic. as you can imagine a lot of gossiping, interfering and general crap from people (including elders) with way too much time on their hands.

• minimus
    minimus

many of the non workers became Pioneers and instantly became role models!

• dinah
    dinah

The congregation I grew up in was strict, but there were no personality clashes and everyone got along well. It was actually a close-knit group of very nice people.

We got our very own "Hitler Elder" when I was about 14. The congregation wasn't growing and by Gawd, someone up in here has grieved the Holy Spirit. Of course, he started with the teens. We were all bad, ya know. We always had trouble keeping elders, brothers from neighboring congregations were always sent in to help.

Anyway, an older, very sweet Elder moved into our congregation. I really loved him. He and Hitler Elder butted heads ALOT. The nice elder wanted the hitler elder to quit being such a prick. It was entertaining to watch.

• minimus
    minimus

Did Hitler Elder win out?

• dinah
    dinah
    Did Hitler Elder win out?

Yes. The nice elder finally moved back to Florida. Hitler Elder had a heart attack and died at a DC a few years ago. I was actually sad to hear about it. Even though he was a hard-core, strictly by the book guy, he still had his good points.

• minimus
    minimus

Just like Hitler, huh?

• dinah
    dinah

Min, I'm just saying at times he could be nice. He was terribly over-zealous. I always try to look for the good in people.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The last Kingdom Hall I went to..

Was run by Backwoods Banjo Boys..

These guys were Dumb as a Fence Post..

My parents moved to were the need was greater..

Translation:

"Property was Cheap and they could get a good deal in the backwoods..

Not much Fun for a City Boy..God I hated that place..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• dinah
    dinah

Outlaw, now you live out in the wilderness.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit