What Drove Me Here

by KingDavidwasframed 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I second AwSnap. Crissis of Consciense is a must.... Dont forget was written by former member of the Government Body. And the book is Positive, very positive. Releasing the Bonds is also a good book but you must read CofC first so you can understand why you want to read Releasing the Bonds.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Thanks Cyberjesus. For clarification, Crisis of Conscience was written by Ray Franz, and the book brings clarity and positive vibes. ....maybe not so much for team jw's....but helps you along in your journey.

Combatting Cult Mind Control & Releasing the Bonds were written by Steven Hassan. The first one mentioned helped me see that the Witnesses are not unique at ALL, and showed me just how similar they are to other high control groups. Whether you are comfortable calling the JW's a "cult" or not, it's a must read...and it's interesting that Steven never even mentions the jw's in Combatting Mind Control; so the similarities are even MORE astonishing! (he didn't realize the jw's fit into the 'cult' category at the time of the 1st book)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome KDWF!

For the record, I'm a dude. Not hitting on you. Not into that. Just saying "welcome".

B the X

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It was about then too that the sexy outfits she wore before our marriage disappeared. "Daddy" gave in. She had set the hook and was reeling me in. I agreed to have another child with her (technically my first but I did (and still do) view her son as mine). Funny how the "forbidden sex" stopped shortly after I agreed to that too. I thought I had done something wrong.

You had a bait and switch marriage partner there. She trapped you by promising one kind of relationship that you wanted, while offering up a different one that was what she really wanted and deceived you about. It is a pure fraud, quite aside from any religious issues you had to deal with.

I stopped wearing ties in my professional life after that. I felt enslaved wearing one. I only went to the hall for funerals, my kids talks and Memorial after that.

A tie is a noose. It is hard not to snicker when a JW piously tells me about their neutrality and not having anything to do with wars, considering that the tie originated as military garb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit