Have you ever met

by John Doe 23 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I lived in Wisconsin, and they lived in Arkansas. I've visited them many times. Smartass.

• yknot
    yknot

Now now.... Ar-kansas ain't that bad.....in fact in one town it is 'OKAY, AR'.....(hehe)

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Know what I like about you, John Doe?

Well, I can easily deduce that it's either my mesmerizing looks, my exquisite charm, my uncompromising morals, my acerbic wit, or my unequaled sense of humor. But, I can't decide between these, so I'll have to say it's all of them.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Smartass.

I prefer that to the opposite.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My parents live in Arkansas. They retired there, following my aunt.

The JWs there seem to generally be as blinded in their religion as the other fundies there.

I'm doing my best to encourage them to relocate closer to me.

There are pockets of reasonableness, I've found, but on the whole it's not a very inviting place to live - unless you're white, Baptist, straight, Republican...

Your mileage may vary, though.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    There are pockets of reasonableness, I've found, but on the whole it's not a very inviting place to live - unless you're white, Baptist, straight, Republican...

Plenty of gays and democrats here.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Plenty of gays and democrats here.

I never would've guessed you were a Democrat.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Smartass!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I know someone from Arkansas, if you want to know who it is, PM me.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

There are also plenty of black folk -

- and, from my little experience, more white folk than in other places willing to overtly "keep them in their place."

My uncle's thoughts on slaves: Everyone should own a couple.

Or was that his stance on guns?

It really is hard to tell.

...but then I don't want to generalize the whole state from my uncle and a few interactions with others.

Yet the political landscape is not encouraging, and is generally Republican and decidedly anti-gay.

And, yes, though I've not met him, Little Rock Guy has always appeared to be a great guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit