If you can't stand on a step of any given staircase of any given length unless there be a first step

by gubberningbody 10 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

then how can it be that a Creator with no "first step" exists, much less be able to think without his having a first thought?

Me - "God, think way back to your first thought...what was it?"

God - infinite pause

Me - "I don't have eternity. But while you're at it - how did you know it was your 1st thought when you had no other thoughts to compare with it?"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Wow, you are thinking waaaay to hard, and this from someone who likes to ponder things....

As I always say, God has some explainin to do.....

• White Dove
    White Dove

I've also wondered this. Not about thought but about gawd's first day and what it was like to not actually have a first day...I, too, think way to hard on things, but that is what great thinkers are doing when they come up with really nifty ideas

• White Dove
    White Dove

A 5 year old thinking too hard: She looks at her mashed potatoes on her spoon and wonders what the little potato beads are made up of. She can't bring herself to believe that they are just beads not made up of anything smaller. If a potato is made up of little beads, then those beads must be made up of even tinier beads, or something. That was my thinking at 5 years old in 1973.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Is this a spiritual version of what came first, the chicken or the egg? I've lost sleep over that one.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Seems to me that your trouble comprehending the topic deals with how we percieve the world. We all reference things by age in relation to certain events, most commonly birth or creation. When you have something that purportedly has no begining, what frame of reference do you use? Sort of like how we all put humans into one of two categories when we meet them--male or female. We can harldy comprehend a person who is either both or neither. It's all a bunch of gobbledygook anways.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That's why i say that the source for everything isn't that smart.

S

• Robdar
    Robdar
    It's all a bunch of gobbledygook anways.

That's the most truth I've heard all week.

• besty
    besty
    It's all a bunch of gobbledygook anways

there's two whys in anways :-)

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'm thinking that pehaps we're all suffering under a biologically imposed logical fallacy, namely that of the complex question.

We assume that causality is unidirectional.

If it is we always have a paradox and if it is not, but rather causality is a looping chain, then to speak of a causal chain would just be a point of view, not a universal truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit