Scientology Church - When you try to leave....they drag you back

by tjlibre 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tjlibre
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder when the witlesses are going to start pulling this s***. Whether as a whole religion, or as individuals that really want someone back at any and all cost--the result is the same. This is definitely something that cults (whether the main cult or mini-cults that form inside the main one) would pull, since I am not aware of any mainstream denominations that do this.

• moshe
    moshe

Many scientologists signed promisory notes to pay for all the special classes needed to reach the top "clear" level where they find out about Xenu the fallen god and all the evil spirits in volcanoes.. When they try to leave they want immediate payment for all those silly classes. You can't save everybody from stupidity.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Makes the JW's approach seem almost rational.

• JWoods
    JWoods

almost being the operative word. Like "pregnant", crazy is always still crazy.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

After a few attempts by elders to chase down errant jws, the Watchtower doesn't have to try to get them back. All they have to do is df, therefore ruining a person's reputation and forbidding other members to associate with you.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'll take the pain of JW exclusion (small as it may be) over the insanity of being captured and under guard!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

SirNose said:

I'll take the pain of JW exclusion (small as it may be) over the insanity of being captured and under guard!

I second that. There are indeed worse (religions?) cults to be raised in than Jehovah's Witnesses, and Scientology is ONE OF THEM. (In truth, I can only think of three that are worse than a JW upbringing, and yes... Scientology is one of the elusive top three.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit