Do you defrag?

by compound complex 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My Vista computer is setup to auto-defrag about once a week in the middle of the night. (Vista and Windows 7 are automatically setup to do this when you buy them, so you don't have to worry about setting it up.)

Defrag most certainly improves the performance of a home computer.

• Casper
    Casper

Hi CoCo...

I drive myself nuts, trying to keep my pc clean and tidy. I defrag on a regular basis, clean out old files and run virus scan often.

For some reason I am very obsessive about not putting too much on my hard drive, I try and keep it at the very least, 1/2 empty.

Drives my kids crazy, since I refuse to download things they are positive that I need... like the newest video and such.

Enjoy your new found "Speed"...

Cas

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Coco..

I clean the system every day..

It has an auto,but auto always leaves a few Dust Bunnies..

To keep a really fast system:

..Defrag Hard Drive and Registry..

..Clean registry..

..Clean junk files..

Your computer will work like it came out of the box..

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, guys and gals, for all the really helpful info. I couldn't believe the difference!

Much appreciation. Off to work - 6 mile walk.

Love,

CoCo

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

What are you trying to cover-up when you defrag your hard drive?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hey now! This is a family forum!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Goshawk:

My understanding is that the files simply become organized; coverup has never been an issue, as CoCo is aka Pollyanna. Huh?!?!?

JD:

You are so right. Family values! Respect for your fellow poster [do you make any exceptions to that?]. Butter wouldn't melt in our mouths. In this case, our typin' fingers ...

CoCo is no longer a fragment of your imagination.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I rarely defrag my windows computers, not because they don't need it occasionally but because I rarely think about it. I've had my Mac for 11 months now and I never thought to defrag it. Reading this thread got me curious, so I downloaded a demo of idefrag. It says my disk is 0.2% fragmented, so I don't think I'll bother with it today.

W

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, FF, for that bit of info. I was wondering how MAC works. I barely comprehend my COMPAQ ...

CoCo

• White Dove
    White Dove

I don't bother to defrag. It seems that my computer doesn't slow down at all. I keep most of my stuff on a flash so it doesn't crowd space. Not sure if it would crowd much on a dual core, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit